The Student Room Group

Should i meet up with him?

Please keep anonymous,

So i have been chatting with this guy online, (he's 20 im 18) im in uni and he works.

He seems like a nice guy we might be meeting up this wkend, although he asked me to go to his town, (i cant drive, no buses) so i was like you should come to mine or we could meet at the shopping centre.

He said he might be there this wkend.

Thing is he texted me asking was i on bebo.

I dont know whether to meet him? he seems totally normal not the stalker kind but i dont know should i? like im in uni and he works. im sure he could have met me at my town he drives.

Also dont know where to meet? outside the cinema go for tea or just go to the cinema he hasnt directly decided if he wanted to meet me? i said to him if you wanna meet up (at the shopping centre) text me.

Thanks very much, any thoughts appreciated
Reply 1
Thanks for your advice remo, i seen his bebo he seems like he add's up aswell he asked me to go to his town, like to go out to a club and go in a taxi with my friends...
Reply 2
^^ agreed

Try to have him come to your town, as if he is genuinly interested in you, he'll make his way there....but, as said above, the description seems to me that, he's inviting you to his town, get something to eat/watch/etc and then take you back to his house...and...well you can imagine what'll happen after

If you do want to meet him, and decide to go to his town, go with a mate, and get something to eat or whatever somewhere that isnt quiet etc and then just tell him you have to go back to uni cause of some important course or anything that'll get you back...he wont be able to try anything if your there with a friend and in a place where all eyes will be watching
Reply 3
Anonymous
Thanks for your advice remo, i seen his bebo he seems like he add's up aswell he asked me to go to his town, like to go out to a club and go in a taxi with my friends...

hmm, well if you have to go over there, thats decent enough...go with mates, and come back with mates...just i wouldnt recommend going alone, as you cant really tell with people until you see them and talk to them up front
Similar to what the other two said, if hes really reluctant to come to your town, and keeps asking you to come to his, then it does seem a bit dodgy.
If you do go meet up with him, make sure you take a friend (if you're going to meet him in his town) and make sure its a public place! If hes coming to visit you in your town, just tell some one where you're going and who with just in case something goes wrong.
Think carefully before you do decide to do anything!
Reply 5
Dont Meet Him! Dont Meet Him! Or If You Go To Meet Make Sure You Go With At Least 1 Guy Or Some Thing Like That Make Sure U Take Your Friends Trust Me Seen Alot Of This In The News And Crimewatch And All!
if you go to meet this guy at laste take someone with you and let people know where you are going, and do it some where very public
Anonymous
Please keep anonymous,

So i have been chatting with this guy online, (he's 20 im 18) im in uni and he works.

He seems like a nice guy we might be meeting up this wkend, although he asked me to go to his town, (i cant drive, no buses) so i was like you should come to mine or we could meet at the shopping centre.

He said he might be there this wkend.

Thing is he texted me asking was i on bebo.

I dont know whether to meet him? he seems totally normal not the stalker kind but i dont know should i? like im in uni and he works. im sure he could have met me at my town he drives.

Also dont know where to meet? outside the cinema go for tea or just go to the cinema he hasnt directly decided if he wanted to meet me? i said to him if you wanna meet up (at the shopping centre) text me.

Thanks very much, any thoughts appreciated

GO SOMEWHERE YOU DONT HAVE TO FOCUS ON CONVERSATION, IF YOU GO TO HAVE COFFE ITS 2 HOURS AWKWARD CONVERSATION. TRY THIS, MAKE IT A SHORT, "LETS MEET UP" BUT FOR LIKE 30 MINUTES OR CHOOSE AN ACTIVITY
Reply 8
thanks for your advice, its been very helpful.

might try and suss him out and the shopping centre,
more or less told him that i wouldnt visit his town, cause all my mates go home at the wkend, and he was like awh no prob thats fine so.

just dont wanna lead him on, cause he didnt want to come meet me at my town, and he isnt in the same uni which makes it kinda difficult and the whole internet thing.

but dont want to regret it either, do seem like we have alot in common....
Reply 9
dont take your mate..how uncomfortable would he feel !!!! Just go to a public area, and only go if you trust he is real - maybe webcam?
Remo
what she has to take her mate she cant go alone

yep i am..how did u no lol
Remo
paarka therithu loll :biggrin:

good good...then your one of my bro's lol
Reply 12
As long as you know he's not a 50 year old guy etc, bring a mate just to be sure.

What's all this Tamil talk!
Reply 13
Yeah I wouldn't really trust that guy if I were you
wow. poor guy.

Latest

Trending

Trending