The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Ummm, AVCE ICT or AVCE Business?
Reply 2
ICT. :p:
Reply 3
Edexcel, I'm doing the standard Unit's 4,5 and 6. I haven't been given the option to choose. :frown:.

Unit 4 - Systems Installation & Configuration
Unit 5 - Systems Analysis
Unit 6 - Database Design

How about you, my friend, which units are you doing?
Reply 4
Aj2003
Edexcel, I'm doing the standard Unit's 4,5 and 6. I haven't been given the option to choose. :frown:.

Unit 6 - Database Design

How about you, my friend, which units are you doing?

I got C in first year and doin my 2nd year and looking forward to unit5 exam in jan.

Can anybody help me out with unit5 2005 jan exam plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:smile:
Reply 5
I missed out an A by 4 marks last year! That annoyed me big time!

The only advice i can offer is read the book on it. I know it's boring but it works, oh yeah and practise your diagrams!

I take it your doing the Edexcel one?
Reply 6
OCR - unit 6 - database design, unit 7 - web design, unit 15 - programming
Reply 7
im doing edexcel

Unit 6 - Database Design
unit 19- Impacts of ICT on society and the environment
unit 22- programming (different to unit 15)
unit 23- Systems architecture and operating systems

i thinks that all but i dont get to chose them otherwise i would be doing some of the other interesting units
Reply 8
To be honest, i'd rather do the easy units and get a good grade out of them instead of doing the interesting ones and risk a failure. I'm not sure if the units we are assigned are the easiest though.
Reply 9
Aj2003
To be honest, i'd rather do the easy units and get a good grade out of them instead of doing the interesting ones and risk a failure. I'm not sure if the units we are assigned are the easiest though.

some of my units are not easy and i think that if they are interesting you are more likly to be keen to work and learn

sophie
Reply 10
some units are really boring but the more interesting ones tend to be a little harder - i personally like to teach in the second year:

unit 4 System installation and configuration (to the single award students)
unit 7 webpage design (all students)
unit 23 networks - theory with an exam (double award students)
unit 24 network - building a network (double award students)

but itsw all change from next year with OCR so any of you with younger brothers or sisters they will be doing a slightly different course to you in terms of which units you can and cant do.

regards mr j
Edexcel unit 6 database design, unit 9 multimedia and unit 13 web development. The edexcel one is structured so that you only have to do the 1 exam on compulory unit 2 in Y12
Reply 12
i thought that u do 6 units for double and three for single

sophie u have 4 units there 3 portfolio and 1 exam
Reply 13
I didn't get chance to choose but I've done Edexcel Unit 12 The Internet Systems and Services (had the exam last week-anyone else do it?) and have just started:

Unit 13: Managing & Developing Websites
Unit 16: The Human Computer Interface

Gem x
Reply 14
Hey im from Leeds2! 2nd year i just skimmed at B in 1st year, it was a laugh, anyway 2nd year is proving to be a brat! i need help with the f***ing sage programme1 if any of u know ur way around the programme then plz do do do let me know my mail addy is
[email protected]
and oh yeah the following are the units im doing: :smile:

Unit 6 - Database Design
Unit ? - Network thingy lol
Unit ? - Business Accounts in SAGE (HATE IT)

THE REST I ALL DID IN 1ST YEAR
cheerio

Live and let Live!

Latest

Trending

No trending threads to show

Trending

No trending threads to show