The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Reply 1
Me 2!! I'm in C027 you?
University of York
York
Yes! I'm in C235. Whats Goodricke like? I don't know much about it.
Reply 3
I'm in AO15a so I'm thinking it's gonna be pretty tiny.. the 'a' at the end means it used to be a twin room that's been split into two, apparently :s-smilie: but I'm not planning on spending ages in my room so that's cool.

Goodricke is apparently really lively and really sociable so I'm really excited!
Reply 4
Thats what I heard but also apparently it floods + I'm on the ground floor so thats gonna be fun!! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Ahaha yeah, I'm on the ground floor too.. great!
Reply 6
Ooh, some cell block C inmates :biggrin:

Your block is errr... well-known. To put it mildly.
Reply 7
Ahah yes.. I'm in A though which is cool but I will defs be visiting the infamous block C.
Whats wrong with it?
Reply 9
jumpingjellybeans123
Whats wrong with it?

It looks like a prison on the inside. Put it this way- the walls in the corridors are unplastered, because if they were plastered the corridors would legally be too narrow for fire regulations :biggrin:

But on the upside, Goodricke have awesome parties I hear! Very sociable college/block. The slight shoddiness of the accomodation gives a camaraderie.
Reply 10
Hey, I'm in C109.

Parties sound good, prison like halls not so good but the big plus for me is the role out of bed for lectures ability. Hopefully it will make 9am lectures a little easier!

See you guys in October!
Reply 11
jumpingjellybeans123
Whats wrong with it?

nothing, it's just fine :rolleyes:
Reply 12
hey, just learnt that I was in Goodricke as well. And in C, taht is 119.
read on wikipedia about the C block, which didnt make me very happy. so, as goodricke was my 6th choice out of 7- can you guys tell me anything about the college? like whats it like? are most people in it maths students?:biggrin: or is it rather mixed?
Hi guys!! I'm in D138, how do you find out which floor that is?
Reply 14
Hey! I reckon that the first number of your room number is the floor - so mine is 015, so I'm on the ground floor. So you would be on the first floor.

Also ginnycakes, I've heard Goodricke is awesome for parties, sport and college spirit, but not so great for pretty accomodation!
yay! i'm in A block - i can't remember where exactly... it was my second choice and although i know it's supposed to be really horrible accomadation, at least it's cheap... and i prettty much chose it cos of it's reputation for being friendly and having good parties =) see you all at freshers!!

xxx
in in cell block C too - C223 :smile:
Reply 17
Got my stuff this morning, I'm in D block. Can't wait.
Reply 18
im sharing a twin room in goodricke block A. it was my 6th choice as well.
Reply 19
I'm in Block B, room 105. I'm sharing a twin room aswell.

Latest

Trending

Trending