The Student Room Group

LSE or York

I'm so confused at the moment, I don't know whether I should apply for York or LSE as my final choice. I got 4A 4B at GCSE and have AAA predictions in the subjects listed in my signature. However, I am reluctant to apply for LSE due to my grades. Can someone give any advice please because I'm just so confused right now. I'm leaning towards York, but LSE just stays in the back of my mind. :smile:
Reply 1
London and York couldn't be more different. I went to Imperial College but transferred to York. I love York, I think it's great. You might not - but the difference between there and London is great enough for it to be an important factor in your decision. Have you visited both universities?
Reply 2
rock_ten
London and York couldn't be more different. I went to Imperial College but transferred to York. I love York, I think it's great. You might not - but the difference between there and London is great enough for it to be an important factor in your decision. Have you visited both universities?

I've visited LSE, but have not visited York yet as there is no more space left on the open day.

Edit: I also hear York is a lovely town. But its a bit boring, I'm looking towards the night life, although this isn't at the top of my check list
Reply 3
From you sig, it seems like you already know what to do. Since it isn't your first choice, go with your first instinct. If you think you will regret not applying to LSE, then do.
Reply 4
Yea, you might have to go with LSE if you think you'll regret it. You can always transfer to York later, haha.

Oh, and if you want to go to York then just go any time. You can look around the town and campus whenever you like, and in my department, at least, you could get shown around as a prosepective student outside of normal open days. Try e-mailing them and see what they say.
Reply 5
rock_ten
Yea, you might have to go with LSE if you think you'll regret it. You can always transfer to York later, haha.

Oh, and if you want to go to York then just go any time. You can look around the town and campus whenever you like, and in my department, at least, you could get shown around as a prosepective student outside of normal open days. Try e-mailing them and see what they say.

Thank you, I think LSE it is then. If I get rejected then so be it :smile:
I went to visit York after [another reason I would advise anyone to visit before applying to any university] my offer from them. I did not like it at all [the area as a whole] and I'm glad I will not be studying there. Location plays a huge role. Some will like it, some will not.
Reply 7
Both are great universities and have a lot to offer. In your case, however, you should think about whether you'll regret not applying to LSE. If it were me, I would choose LSE based on the name and the fact it's in London.
I'll say LSE, because you could regret this decision if you do end up applying for York. Also London is a cosmospolitan, vibrant city and LSE has a more international edge to it. You never know you could get in, especially as you have an AAA predicition. Go for it OP! Apply for LSE!
Also I wouldn't recommend applying for a uni where you haven't been on an open day, it could be so different to what you may think. Also, say to yourself, do you really want to study at York? Would you prefer studying and living London?
Seriously, London is a great place to study, especially with all the contacts you could make, the nightlife, and it's situated in Central London, so you liturallu have everything around you.
There are great parks to revise in, some of the best bars/clubs in the country, amazing tourist attractions you should go and see etc.
Apply for LSE, as in comparison to York, it has more than just an academic reputation, has a great student life that comes with it! After all, it's in London!
Reply 9
Thanks guys I've decided LSE. If I get rejected, I get rejected, but you only have a chance to apply for uni once. :biggrin:
yay! im so happy for you! good luck with your uni application!
and it's always worth the try, seriously you can never know! if you get it, i'll be very proud of you"
Reply 12
im so academic
yay! im so happy for you! good luck with your uni application!

http://www.lse.ac.uk/

^Here's the website for you so you don't have to spend time searching for it. Also what course are you wishing to apply for?
Reply 14
im so academic
http://www.lse.ac.uk/

^Here's the website for you so you don't have to spend time searching for it. Also what course are you wishing to apply for?

Government a.ka Politics :smile:
Government versus trade unionism in British Politics since 1968

Maybe you might enjoy the online book above?

Latest

Trending

Trending