The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Storage / space to keep stuff in your accomodation

HI all

just a quick q to all of those who are at york (or maybe other unis)

as a generalisation for all colleges - how much cupboards / draws / general storage places are there in the halls of residents

did you ever have enough problems with storing stuff at all? are there anythings you definitely DON'T recommend taking? or did you find you could fill it up with a lot more stuff than you originally brought?

thanks

james air!
Hi James! When i was in halls at college,each room had a built in single wardrobe 2 drawers and 2 shelfs! My room was constantly like a dump, hence earning me the nick name of Stig! I had far to much stuff with me, but to me it was all essential! If you are going into halls where you have to pack up, each holiday time, just try to stick to more or less essential stuff. God, it was a nightmare for me, as i kept buying more tat!
University of York
York
Reply 2
granny smith
Hi James! When i was in halls at college,each room had a built in single wardrobe 2 drawers and 2 shelfs! My room was constantly like a dump, hence earning me the nick name of Stig! I had far to much stuff with me, but to me it was all essential! If you are going into halls where you have to pack up, each holiday time, just try to stick to more or less essential stuff. God, it was a nightmare for me, as i kept buying more tat!

:woo: i can't wait!! I've got so many things I wanna take ya see, such as 2 guitars + amp, my laptop and loadsa junk

i still don't know which accomodation i've got into because they haven't got back to me yet! grr it'd be a lot easier to plan when I find out!
jamesair99
:woo: i can't wait!! I've got so many things I wanna take ya see, such as 2 guitars + amp, my laptop and loadsa junk

i still don't know which accomodation i've got into because they haven't got back to me yet! grr it'd be a lot easier to plan when I find out!

Wow! your neighbours are lucky!!:biggrin: These places sure seem slack with informing people about their acommo:s-smilie: I hope they find you a descent room and have the decency to inform you soon. :p:
Reply 4
I was quite lucky in St. Lawrence, as well as the wardrobe I had 3 drawers, 5 shelves, and another 5 alcoves behind the shelves, plus a small area in the corner of the wardrobe, and a small drawer in the desk. You can always stash stuff under the bed of course. :smile:
I wouldn't worry too much about storage space. I'm hoping that if I get a really small room with little space to put stuff that I'll just be able to get some boxes and stack them in a corner somewhere. Or hide stuff under the bed. :ninja:

Latest

Trending

Trending