The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I think I'll start the waiting til Wednesday club. Apparently our post office isn't open on Tuesday. I wandered over earlier to see if they had it and it hadn't been sorted in time for delivery. But they were shut.
Oh well :smile:
Reply 41
I will have to wait longer than all you people. :frown:

Maybe I will email if I don't get anything until the 7th.
Reply 42
btw, tuesday is also a bank holiday, so you might not get a letter til wed! Sorry to be the barer of bad news guys!

Good Luck to all of you waiting!!!
Hoofbeat
btw, tuesday is also a bank holiday, so you might not get a letter til wed! Sorry to be the barer of bad news guys!

No, Tuesday is only a bank holiday in Scotland. :p:
Reply 44
Eternal Fantasy
No, Tuesday is only a bank holiday in Scotland. :p:

Sorry ignore me - I don't even live in Scotland!!!! I was thinking that it was like last week, ie. Mon & Tues were bank holidays as Xmas Day & Boxing Day fell on the weekend. At least that means I'll have the house to myself again on Tues with my rents back to work - yay, I might get some of my vac work done!!!

APOLOGIES TO THOSE I GOT WORRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck to all of you, let's hope it's good news and the start to a great year :smile: But if it's not (remember that it's a lottery), you'll still do great wherever you end up and have just as much fun :smile:
Hoofbeat
APOLOGIES TO THOSE I GOT WORRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck to all of you, let's hope it's good news and the start to a great year :smile: But if it's not (remember that it's a lottery), you'll still do great wherever you end up and have just as much fun :smile:

Hehe, don't worry about it. And thanks. :smile:
Reply 46
...and just rub it in for the Scots :biggrin:
How inconsiderate of the banks!
Reply 47
I'm in London now but since I'm going back to school on Tuesday, I didn't ask Cam to send my decision here... well, just want to face this horrible moment on my own in my dorm.

But considering Emma sent my accomodation confirmation for interview back to China... I'm slightly afraid that they would have done it again... :eek: NO~~~ god, don't let my dad open the letter~~~

3 days to go...... :creep:
Sofa King
Tis Ok :smile:
Grrr, Im so pissed off! havetn been able to sleep for two days :mad:

Hey, any Downing (law) people know how many of us applied this year? Is it comparable to the last few years? :eek:

It was 115- 3 down on last year. [I asked at interview, as a student at Downing told me it was allegedly 180!]
Reply 49
How many places is that for?
Reply 50
tomcoolinguk
It was 115- 3 down on last year. [I asked at interview, as a student at Downing told me it was allegedly 180!]

and i've been thinking it was 180 for months.... :smile:
115 yay! ..... actually it is still a lot isnt it? damn :rolleyes:

i think 16 places, but i dont know how many offers, do they offer more than they have places? and roughly how many ppl later get a place through being put into the pool by Downing?

Emily x
Well, it's been 16 places for the past several years (I'm not even applying for Law, I just heard it somewhere! :wink:) Cambridge hardly ever make more offers than they have places available, though.
Reply 52
Forget all this, go watch Airplane on channel 5...Although I've seen it 100 times, it's still funny...
Lazio
Forget all this, go watch Airplane on channel 5...Although I've seen it 100 times, it's still funny...

I can't get Channel 5 - there's a big hospital in the way, blocking the signal. :rolleyes: I have to wait 10 years until it meets its fate and gets knocked down...
Reply 54
It's on channel 5 ... not 4
Lazio
It's on channel 5 ... not 4

Damn, I meant Channel 5! :rolleyes: I can get Channel 4. :biggrin:
emily87
and i've been thinking it was 180 for months.... :smile:
115 yay! ..... actually it is still a lot isnt it? damn :rolleyes:

i think 16 places, but i dont know how many offers, do they offer more than they have places? and roughly how many ppl later get a place through being put into the pool by Downing?

Emily x

Last year: 16 offers for Downing, which as they're AAB offers I doubt ANY more than they have are made. Last year, Downing pooled 45 applicants, and of these 8 got offers. I don't know how many were re-interviewed. What I do know, however, is that it was unusual last year for Girton to only take one Downing candidate out of the pool. The Eight colleges where Downing Lawyers were fished out were: Christ's [Pick ME!!!], Girton [Pick ME!!!] Robinson [Pick ME!!!], Fitzwilliam [Pick ME!!!] Newnham [Change your constitution, so you can Pick ME!!!], New Hall [Change your constitution, so you can Pick ME!!!] Peterhouse [Pick ME!!!] and Churchill [Pick ME!!!].

I think the college which gets the most applicants fished out of the pool, for law, after Downing is Emma or Clare. And they both got 2 or 3 last year. So Downing does get more out!

Praying I get pooled! I don't know why... I just don't want to feel I screwed up completely.
where did u get your stats from?
Reply 58
yeah lol can i get those stats 4 economics??
kidney thief
where did u get your stats from?

From the DoS at Downing for Law.

Latest

Trending

Trending