The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Any info on Engineering anyone? Are there any engineers for Downing on this website at all?
wow, so there are places in the pool for lawyers?
i didnt think many colleges would have places for pool candidates for a subject as competitive as law
kidney thief
wow, so there are places in the pool for lawyers?
i didnt think many colleges would have places for pool candidates for a subject as competitive as law

It is surprising how many there are- I think around 18-30+.
ive been pooled by emma for law.
a faint hope has been rekindled...
kidney thief
ive been pooled by emma for law.
a faint hope has been rekindled...

Well Emma are the most successful college in the pool, so it should be at least the brightest glow-worm in the tunnel! The key thing to remember about the pool is that it is the criteria of the other college which matters. Apparently, GCSE and UMS etc come to be a lot more significant at the pool stage.

My LNAT essay means I'd be shocked to be pooled, let alone obtaining anything from it!
you mean the criteria are not standard accross the colleges? thats not very fair...
Reply 66
Here's another guy who has to wait till tuesday. But I live in Dublin, so perhaps it's slightly excusable if it arrives on tuesday. They'll be sorry if it's in the post for a fortnight, like my interview letter was! :mad: I mean, it's only over the Irish sea anyway...
Reply 67
Hey there welcome to the waiting thread :biggrin:
I love your sig btw! :smile:
Reply 68
Tuesday might be the day for the Swedes? Hopefully...
Reply 69
So... Any Downing Engineers... ??? Am I the only one???
Reply 70
ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH less than 24 hours to go!!!!!!! seems like the wait is finally nearly over...........although the suspense has changed? i don't feel the way i was on the 30th, waiting for the post on the 31st. i seem much calmer. anyone else feel this?
posh_git
ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH less than 24 hours to go!!!!!!! seems like the wait is finally nearly over...........although the suspense has changed? i don't feel the way i was on the 30th, waiting for the post on the 31st. i seem much calmer. anyone else feel this?

No - I was much calmer on the 31st when waiting for the postman. Now all the waiting & frustration has got to me, I'm much more stressed! :frown:

I had a dream last night: I was at some weird house with all my relatives, and then my mum came up & said that she had the letter from Downing, and that there was also one for my (15-yr-old) brother - but then she said that I couldn't have it until I'd spoken to my relatives! So I was just dyyyying to open the letter, and eventually she let me & my brother have them. So I opened mine and it didn't tell me if I had an offer/had been poooled/had been rejected - I couldn't really understand what it said 'cos it was written in strange English, but I think it was inviting me to a tea party at Downing because they hadn't decided yet?!!! :mad: And then I found out that my brother had got an offer (errr... despite the fact he's in Year 10 atm... :confused: ) And then I woke up. :rolleyes:

There were other things that happened too, but that's the long & short of it - it's obviously reflecting my frustration at waiting for the outcome. :wink:
Reply 72
Eternal Fantasy
No - I was much calmer on the 31st when waiting for the postman. Now all the waiting & frustration has got to me, I'm much more stressed! :frown:

I had a dream last night: I was at some weird house with all my relatives, and then my mum came up & said that she had the letter from Downing, and that there was also one for my (15-yr-old) brother - but then she said that I couldn't have it until I'd spoken to my relatives! So I was just dyyyying to open the letter, and eventually she let me & my brother have them. So I opened mine and it didn't tell me if I had an offer/had been poooled/had been rejected - I couldn't really understand what it said 'cos it was written in strange English, but I think it was inviting me to a tea party at Downing because they hadn't decided yet?!!! :mad: And then I found out that my brother had got an offer (errr... despite the fact he's in Year 10 atm... :confused: ) And then I woke up. :rolleyes:

There were other things that happened too, but that's the long & short of it - it's obviously reflecting my frustration at waiting for the outcome. :wink:

Lol, you and your dreams... :smile:

No, like EternalFantasy i'm seriously having problems trying to keep calm. I'm seriously suffering from insomnia. I imagine if the last few nights are anything to go by, i won't be getting any sleep tonight!
Reply 73
I have received the letter today (monday) to Canary Islands... so people from Central Europe should received today... tomorrow the latest. It's funny that people in England have not received them and I from the Canaries, have.
Reply 74
hey kitsune sorry 2 hear about ur rejection! im sure warwick/nottingham/bath will accept u!!!!!!
posh_git

no I'm not nervous any more ... I'm mad :biggrin: haha
Reply 76
posh_git

I know what you mean.. I'm feeling the same, maybe because it feels more surreal as time goes by..

And then all the dreams I'm having aren't helping.. sometimes when I think about my interview I'm not sure if I'm thinking about the real one or one of the interviews I dreamt about.. yeah, I think I'm going mad too.. I thought that maybe today I could have had the answer (I'm in Italy, no bank holiday), but of course, no, I have to wait till tomorrow, maybe even the day after tomorrow...

I'll be happy when everything's over.
saram
I thought that maybe today I could have had the answer (I'm in Italy, no bank holiday), but of course, no, I have to wait till tomorrow, maybe even the day after tomorrow...

I'll be happy when everything's over.

same here, I'm in austria and there was no post from cambridge today :mad:
Reply 78
missgalaxy
same here, I'm in austria and there was no post from cambridge today :mad:

Ahah, I was already blaming the delay on the awful Italian mail service.. It's nice to know that in Austria you haven't received it yet (I mean, not that I'm happy that you are still waiting), I think that you live in a well organized country, maybe there are still hopes for my poor little country :smile:

Anyway, whereabout do you live in Austria? I'm going to Vienna in a couple of months!
Reply 79
posh_git

Exacly! I dont feel as stressed as the 30th but still, I dont feel 'normal'.
I also had a dream a few days ago that I got the letter and I had been pooled! I think this whole thing is getting to our brains.

Anyway, the wait is nearly over, about 18 hours left till 10 AM tomorrow, the latest the post might arrive.

Latest

Trending

Trending