The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think its also because a few people get offers and then join the forums. Last year I got an offer and after a bit of googling I ended up on TSR.
Reply 2
Don't worry Ol, I'll bring lots of drink tonight ;-) And ice cubes too O.o
Mine has arrived. Offer from Jesuis!
Reply 4
Hey what subject did you apply for?

Don;t forget to keep that rejection letter.

FRAME IT WHEN YOUR RICH IN 20 OR 30 YRS TIME.

You'll do well wher ever you go. :wink: :biggrin:
Reply 5
london_1

Thats a good idea....
Reply 6
london_1

Keep the rejection letter? Lol yeh I probably would end up keeping it :redface: Lol I read it once and then put it back into the envelop and left it on the floor and refused to read it again :redface: while at the back of my mind I was wondering if I'd read it wrong or if I'd skimmed through it and misunderstood and felt the need to check it, confirm it. So at night I finally went back and read it one last time, and slipped it in with all my UCAS stuff :redface: nope the letter didn't change.... :rolleyes:

And throughout the day - even now - I still wanna rip the letter to shreds. For the satisfaction of it cus I'm really disappointed, was devastated on the day but that's past now thankfully. :smile: Although I feel as though I should keep the hard copy of the letter somehow, not sure why cus it's not like it'd be much use, except go complain to Cambridge they'd made a mistake and never sent me my reply??? :rolleyes:

Yeh I'll be keeping the letter if I don't end up ripping it apart someday :smile: bah still in love with Cambridge but it's fading :smile: hoping to fall in love with Nottingham! Now I just gotta make my Nottingham offer cus I don't think I'd be able to take the devastation again of not being able to go to the uni I'd set my heart on and fallen in love with!

Hehehe actually keeping it would be fun if I manage to get myself a PhD and become a professor at Cambridge :biggrin: The irony! - would be kinda cool though, although a friend reckons I won't bother getting myself a 1st in my degree in the first place cus I'm way too lazy :biggrin: hehe. Well who knows? :wink:
Reply 7
london_1

wot will u do if u frame it and then don't become rich.....won't that just make u depressed even more?
Reply 8
back to the top you go! we need more ppl to vote!
Reply 9
engineering
Trinity Cambridge\unconditional offer with 4As and AEA maths
Reply 10
Hehe, I brought my rejection letter with me to show my career teacher, and she asked if she could make a copy of it...okay,sure, if you want, lol.
Reply 11
I don't think this poll is fair... just look at how many offers we got... I never thought the chances of getting in was this good at 50%.... shouldn't it be more like 20% or something
Well, anchemis, it's as someone said before -

Maybe a lot of people got their rejection letter, didn't feel like trying for some sympathy amongst other successful applicants,
and never came on this site again. If some people threw all their Cam paperwork in the bin straight away, why not? Pretty simple really.
Reply 13
crazydaveuk
Well, anchemis, it's as someone said before -

Maybe a lot of people got their rejection letter, didn't feel like trying for some sympathy amongst other successful applicants,
and never came on this site again. If some people threw all their Cam paperwork in the bin straight away, why not? Pretty simple really.

Also add on the people who are joining after getting an offer, there are a lot of first posters around

Latest

Trending

Trending