Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

panicpanicpanic

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

After a lot of hassle with Brunel taking ages to release me blah blah blah I am finally in Clearing, and Kent accepted me but on the condition that they want my Clearing passport. Which I will get tomorrow, or, most likely, Monday.

Should I phone them up and just give them my Clearing number? Would that help? Everything is so soooooon!
Reply 1
ermm i went through the same thing but around results day!!(well i asked to be released but same thing same thing)......giving your clearing number doesn't help much ....you need to give them your clearing passport, thats like the ocnfirmation your gunna go to kent!!...umm the only thing you can do is to call up and say i haven't recieved my passport yet will they continue to hold your place!!.....and try calling ucas as well and ask whats going on!!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
jus-mi
ermm i went through the same thing but around results day!!(well i asked to be released but same thing same thing)......giving your clearing number doesn't help much ....you need to give them your clearing passport, thats like the ocnfirmation your gunna go to kent!!...umm the only thing you can do is to call up and say i haven't recieved my passport yet will they continue to hold your place!!.....and try calling ucas as well and ask whats going on!!

The UCAS track status says I'm in Clearing, just Freshers week is next week isn't it? And then actual uni starts really soon, so I was just wondering if giving them the Clearing number would speed anything up.

How long does it take the uni to process the Clearing passport? And what goes in it anyway?
Reply 3
but when you applied in clearing im sure they would have asked for your clearing number anyways!!....for me it took about 2 days for the uni to release me and then another week before the passport came!...but then i did mine amongst millions of other students who were also in clearing!!..but because your doing this after most people would have known what uni they going to your passport may not take long
Reply 4
I told them I was holding an offer with a uni already but wanted to stay closer to home and changed, so didn't have a Clearing number at the time.

So what's in a Clearing passport?
The Clearing passport is basically just a bit of paper that you have to write the course and Uni on, and send it to them. I think it acts as some form of contract, since it confirms your place and they send you the confirmation letter based on receiving it.
Reply 6
I see... thanks. For ******'s sake, this is gonna take ages. Would it be easier taking it into the uni in person?
Reply 7
alenax
I see... thanks. For ******'s sake, this is gonna take ages. Would it be easier taking it into the uni in person?

Yup.
Reply 8
Yawn-er
Yup.

Ok, cool, thanks for the info
Reply 9
gee thats late of them! how are you gonna sort out accomm/loan stuff?
Reply 10
Em_maK
gee thats late of them! how are you gonna sort out accomm/loan stuff?

I'm moving into private accomodation so that's not a problem, and the loan sheet says I have to call LEA, either way tuition fees aren't paid until like winter, or November or something, am I right? So there will be time to sort it all out.
Reply 11
Any idea if admissions are open on Sundays?
Reply 12
well i think they are gunna be open today because thats when freshers move in!...so yes i think for this sunday only tho not every sunday
Reply 13
Well good, thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending