The Student Room Group

Protein Powder: Questions and Advice Thread

Scroll to see replies

Apparantley Whey protein has an addictive and carcinogenic component to it.
Reply 81
No, it is a by product of curdling milk. Unless milk is also addictive and everyone else in the world is unaware.

Its just one of those myths he heard from a friend of a friends day, who once stood next to Jay Cutler's dog walker.

Is there any evidence to back up his claim?
I don't think that there is evidence to back this up, honestly. Which is why I needed you guys to confirm this :smile:
Reply 83
Sephirona
I don't think that there is evidence to back this up,

exactly :yy:
lol
Reply 85
Bebbs
No, it is a by product of curdling milk. Unless milk is also addictive and everyone else in the world is unaware.

Milk contains small traces of morphine (casomorphin i think), so yeh, ever so slightly addictive. :P
burningnun
My understanding is that Washoe the chimpanzee was taught ASL from an early age by Gardner and Gardner. He (she? Washoe is a silly name) ended up as an adult with a vocabulary of about 30 words, and could get about three of them together to form rudimentary sentences. I don't think these sentences had grammar, but the researchers could easily infer what Washoe meant. What study are you referring to when you say apes can learn grammar?

I've known of a deaf kid with no education and parents that didn't give a ****** about him or anyone else and who refuses to even try to learn stuff. He had a vocabulary of more than 30 words. Most of them swear words, but the point is that the stupidest humans seem smarter than the most accomplished chimpanzee.

no, I think it's an orangutan or female gorilla. ye.

it's koko the gorilla! maybe.

Koko, who has an IQ of between 75 and 95, was found to be in good health.

.... any humans out there with less? Barry George perhaps? or Bebbs? with Lara C, a close second.
Link?
Reply 88
MeAndBubbles
or Bebbs?

Shut up hippy, I've had enough of you. I don't have a pissing IQ of 95, which is more than I can say for you.
Sephirona
I don't think that there is evidence to back this up, honestly. Which is why I needed you guys to confirm this :smile:

I can 100% confirm that I've heard similar! How gossip does travel!! I think the explanation is that mother nature wants the calf to drink the milk, that's what I heard.
Reply 90
Wow strong evidence to back up your scientifically proven claims meandbubbles.

I can 100% confirm that I heard a rumour that you need to shut up.
Bebbs
Shut up hippy, I've had enough of you. I don't have a pissing IQ of 95, which is more than I can say for you.

hahahahah
Bebbs
Wow strong evidence to back up your scientifically proven claims meandbubbles.

I can 100% confirm that I heard a rumour that you need to shut up.

Dude, I heard that one too.

Stop trolling the supplements board.
Reply 94
Redemption
Dude, I heard that one too.

How gossip does travel.
Reply 95
wow, strong reply.
Article
"She'll tell us how bad she is feeling, how bad pain is. It looked like it was time to do something," JohnPaul Slater said.

Sounds like punktopia!
Bebbs
wow, strong reply.

I can just imagine bebbs seething with anger shouting "goddamn hippies" in a cartman-esque voice. :biggrin:
Reply 98
SubGrappling
I can just imagine bebbs seething with anger shouting "goddamn hippies" in a cartman-esque voice. :biggrin:

^^^ me right now.
Reply 99
Bebbs

^^^ me right now.

i had u pegged down as

Quick Reply

Latest