The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hunibuni

I'm applying for MML - Spanish and French.

Thank god for that!
Reply 21
hunibuni
I feel better I'm not the only one! :o:

No they are real - but I think they might have preferred 3 perfect A-levels to 7 and then a B!! And I applied to Oxford last year and got unhesitatingly rejected by Merton when I was predicted all As so I definately wouldn't say it makes any difference how many subjects you happen to be doing! Sadly! :mad: :biggrin:

whaaaaaaat? why? did they think it was a joke to?!
Reply 22
I only just got the first draft of my PS done, need to have my adviser do all the adviser-y things (and since I really and truly doubt anyone from my school has ever gone abroad for university, she'll probably need time to figure out the process), need to finish the COAF, and...well. Everything.

How did I lose track of time like this?!
Reply 23
whaaaaaaat? why? did they think it was a joke to?!

Nope I am just c*** in interviews!! And they don't want people who have taken every subject under the sun - all you need to get into Oxbridge is a passion for your subject and exceptional ability in the ONE (or two) you apply for...not quite a good spread across lots but no particular talent for any one of them! I'm sure you'll be fine...at least the teachers at your school probably don't say the word Cambridge like it's some foreign language!!! lol
Reply 24
hunibuni
Nope I am just c*** in interviews!! And they don't want people who have taken every subject under the sun - all you need to get into Oxbridge is a passion for your subject and exceptional ability in the ONE (or two) you apply for...not quite a good spread across lots but no particular talent for any one of them! I'm sure you'll be fine...at least the teachers at your school probably don't say the word Cambridge like it's some foreign language!!! lol

lol
at least you got an interview, I thought you meant they had rejected you without even interviewing!! I was wondering what the world was coming to
My school has the policy of pressuring everyone who gets 4+ A's at AS into applying to oxbridge lol, the sad thing is that that number is hardly ever in double figures. We're a school full of losers haha
4+ A's at AS 'hardly ever into double figures'?? We had 2 this year, if I remember correctly! And perhaps another who got 3. We've got 4 applying for Oxbridge, our internal deadline is this friday. And our teacher persists in not checking personal statements, so my application is gathering dust in the waiting...

And go hunibuni for surviving 8 A Levels! I thought 6 was totally insane..
Reply 26
Yay, only need to knowck of 200 more characters from my personal statement :biggrin:
Reply 27
Lol, I can add about 400 characters to mine :p: Shame it's over the line limit though, I'm reluctant to delete the extra lines I use for paragraphs xD

7As and a rejection from Oxford... Wonder what the newspapers will say.
Reply 28
i have to send my application tom.....can any1 tell me wht to write in the cambridge form in the section of "are u applying for scholarship" because if i write "yes" they say "please specify" wht do i need to specify???
Reply 29
Well if you are not applying for a scholarship, then write no? This way you can ignore the specifying bit.

Unless, of course, you are applying through a scholarship. Then again, if you were you should know, right?
Reply 30
you didnt get my point.....in the instruction page it says "indicate the source of ure scholarship" but i havent applied to any1 yet cause they say unless you have a place at cambridge you cant apply for a scholarship/
Reply 31
Well then you arent applying for a scholarship and can put no?
Reply 32
lol....well i do wanna apply for a scolarship but i dont know wht to write in the "please specify section"
Reply 33
waleedwal
lol....well i do wanna apply for a scolarship but i dont know wht to write in the "please specify section"

What scholarship do you want to apply for? Just include that info in that section.
Reply 34
Napalm
What scholarship do you want to apply for? Just include that info in that section.

There you go, simple answer ^^
Reply 35
lol thnx
Reply 36
My teacher still hasn't sent my application! Driving me crazy!
Reply 37
bubbles50
My teacher still hasn't sent my application! Driving me crazy!

good luck with that...
Reply 38
zef99
good luck with that...

What do you mean?
Deadline = tomorrow, so I guess he meant good luck getting school to send it and hope the system isn't clogged up! If I were you I'd stand over the teacher responsible until they send it.

Latest

Trending

Trending