The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Adhsur
Now that it's finally dawned on me, I'm feeling a bit scared... :afraid: Lil me in Cambridge... :afraid:

Lol it's been a year since I got my offer, and I still feel that way:wink:.
Reply 2
Adhsur
Now that it's finally dawned on me, I'm feeling a bit scared... :afraid: Lil me in Cambridge... :afraid:

Lol, don't worry! I was terrified when I came down to Oxford this year that I wouldn't be good enough at all. However, I absolutely love it hear and although I do find the work hard (especially compared to the others) and quite often think "ARGHHH I can't do any of it" I'm still enjoying myself!!! I'll be quite happy to get a 2nd at the end of things and know that I've had a good time. I'm trying to enjoy all aspects of University and have taken up rowing and discovered I am actually good at A sport (think tht's why they gave me an offer as they secretly knew I was a rower all along!) and as long as I get my degree along the way I'm happy.

Try not to worry, everyone comes to Oxbridge terrified that they're not good enough and everyone will be better, but no-one I've met tries to put you down if you are struggling more than others and the other guys on my course are supportive and help me - they particularly understand and appreciate the fact I haven't done FMaths (quite vital for physics!!!). In the first few weeks we all got on with our work very much on our own, but frequently we meet the afternoon before our work is due in and discuss ideas and how we tackled problems and explaining your method to someone else helps in the learning process.

Please don't worry - THE WHOLE OXBRIDGE EXPERIENCE IS AMAZING!!!!!!!! (Well Oxford is WAYYYYYYYYY better than Cams, but everyone knows that :p:)
Reply 3
Hoofbeat
(Well Oxford is WAYYYYYYYYY better than Cams, but everyone knows that :p:)

Wrong. Site.
...to be saying that

Silly, silly person. :p:
Adhsur

cambridge is tiny. claustrophobia would be a problem
Reply 5
endeavour
cambridge is tiny. claustrophobia would be a problem

Not Trinity, it aint...
Reply 6
Hehe I can just see myself running around on the first day thanking everyone i see for letting me in and later passing out in a bar going hehehe fools, your obviously not as intelligent as people think if you let me in
Reply 7
Adhsur
Not Trinity, it aint...

They have a point, Cam is quite small. I mean if I go shopping I expect to see at least 6 people I know whilst I'm out, it's quite nice in a way that wherever you go you're seeing people you know. Then again, it's pretty much impossible to avoid people!

I guess it depends on the way you look at it whether that's an advantage or disadvantage.

A.
Reply 8
Alaric
Then again, it's pretty much impossible to avoid people!

But that's why going home is really something to look forward to! Cambridge is a beautiful city but it's too small for me...I just can't call it home. You're not still there, are you?
Reply 9
Squishy
But that's why going home is really something to look forward to! Cambridge is a beautiful city but it's too small for me...I just can't call it home. You're not still there, are you?

Nah, I'm in a Scottish hamlet at the moment, now THAT is claustrophobic. There are two village shops and it's a political matter which (if either for that matter) you shop in.
I left a week before Christmas and will be back on the 5th. My family won't let me get away with staying there for longer :tongue:. I'll probably be there all Easter.

Alaric.
Reply 10
Ooh, my. Cambridge must seem like a metropolis to you then, huh? :wink: Size is all relative I guess.
Reply 11
lol i love the smallness of cambridge, bumping into loads of people is great. having said this I bumped into three cambridge people just walking through manchester today.
Squishy
Ooh, my. Cambridge must seem like a metropolis to you then, huh? :wink: Size is all relative I guess.

Lol, I live in a really small town with a league of gentlemen style butchers - Cambridge is the bright lights and big city to me! It seems like ages since I went through the agony of waiting for a reply but this is bringing it all back...
Reply 13
Alaric
Nah, I'm in a Scottish hamlet at the moment, now THAT is claustrophobic. There are two village shops and it's a political matter which (if either for that matter) you shop in.
I left a week before Christmas and will be back on the 5th. My family won't let me get away with staying there for longer :tongue:. I'll probably be there all Easter.

Alaric.

{waves to Alaric}
You're practically just up the road :biggrin:
Alaric

Alaric.

I'm in a Scottish sh*t hole. Think yourself lucky. :secruity:
Reply 15
Acaila
{waves to Alaric}
You're practically just up the road :biggrin:

/me waves

platinumki
I'm in a Scottish sh*t hole. Think yourself lucky. :secruity:

Hehe, if I recall correctly, I'm not as enamoured about Mull as you are! 'Tis certainly a wee bit windy up here today, we've had heavy rain and hail squallies coming in all day. I hate ferries, I hope it isn't blowing like this on Tuesday for the crossing.

A.
Reply 16
I just spent New Year with about 20 Cambridge people, in Oxford! :biggrin: We're taking over! :aetsch:

Latest

Trending

Trending