The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
i felt like that too :|
i had 3 suitcases (2 little and one big one)
then my quilt, pillows, sainsburys bags, laptop, a big bag with folder n stuff :|
seemed like i had masses :|
but now its all out iv got loads of empty shelves, n enough clothes that i dont need to wash any for weeks :biggrin:
x
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Aha, I moved in a load of stuff on Wednesday so it's only clothes and toilettries I need to bring now. However don't underestimate that that won't be a lot!
I'm coming on Tuesday, too by the way.
Reply 3
x-pixie-lottie-x
i felt like that too :|
i had 3 suitcases (2 little and one big one)
then my quilt, pillows, sainsburys bags, laptop, a big bag with folder n stuff :|
seemed like i had masses :|
but now its all out iv got loads of empty shelves, n enough clothes that i dont need to wash any for weeks :biggrin:
x

Phew, thanks for that, I think I probably have the same... the back of our car's just filled with beer, glasses and shot glasses :biggrin:
I have lots to, it seems like too much but I can't think of much I could leave behind.
I'm now off to try and fit it all in our car...Oh dear!
I have a conservatory full of boxes
woo :P
i need to invest in some more shot glasses i only have one :frown: lol
im actually currently watching people move in... some have LOADS...
X
Reply 6
Martin, best of luck with that, I'm going to have a test run this evening then do it for real in the morning :smile:

Lottie, my shot glasses are crappy plastic cheap things from ASDA, but I'm half expecting to them to have been nicked or lost by the end of freshers week :biggrin: You've reassured me though!
Reply 7
One of my flatmates in the first year arrived in a mini van, I remember making fun of her :biggrin: she didnt have that much stuff (well TV, duvet etc) but she'd brought groceries as well and basically had done a massive shopping before coming. At the end of the day, those who don't arrive with much are probably planning on buying everything in Tesco, like I did (cutlery, toaster etc.) as I was coming from France. I still managed to bring massive bags and my computer (not a laptop lol) and essential French food, which I couldnt live without :biggrin:
Reply 8
I just had a thought, are duvets and pillows provided or do we need to bring our own?

I'm still not packed :frown: Just got loads of stuff in the spare room that's not been put into boxes yet. It looks like faaar too much stuff and I have no idea how it'll all fit in the car!
I think generally it's only the international students or those who have done a gap year that don't really bring much stuff with them. Internationals because of the weight limit on their flight and gap yearers because they know they don't really need every book they've ever owned and seven pairs of black high heels just in case!
Reply 10
I'm bringing my own duvet/cover and pillows, because I know my pillows are comfy and the duvet/cover will be brand new/not generic -don't know what I'll do with the provided ones, if they are. :smile:
Reply 11
Joanna May
I think generally it's only the international students or those who have done a gap year that don't really bring much stuff with them. Internationals because of the weight limit on their flight and gap yearers because they know they don't really need every book they've ever owned and seven pairs of black high heels just in case!

True, I'm only bringing 6 pairs of black high heels.

:biggrin:
Christian_j
True, I'm only bringing 6 pairs of black high heels.

:biggrin:

Good. You understand packing.

(I'd like to point out I'm more mocking my own gap year packing skills than those of the freshers.)
Reply 13
I spoke to some one in my halls yesterday and they said you need to request duvet, pillows and cases and there is a limited supply. Your also responsible for laundering them. So ive decided to take my own.
My room is a tip at the moment. sooo much crap. arrrgghh
i hate packing!
Reply 15
I'm all packed & its in the car... hmm... doesn't look like i'm bringing much hehe... ah well I can allways bring a tv later...
Reply 16
1/4
I spoke to some one in my halls yesterday and they said you need to request duvet, pillows and cases and there is a limited supply. Your also responsible for laundering them. So ive decided to take my own.

Ah ok looks like I'll be taking my own then. Yet more stuff to cram in the car :p:

Latest