Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
ChicaBonita
Check my sig :p:

Have you had much induction yet? My law one was full on :shock:

I see no sig on your posts :confused:
Edit: Oops, yeah I see it further up

I had an 'Introduction to Electronics' today which was just a guy talking for 20 minutes then we left. So no not much, been pretty easy so far.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
ChicaBonita i see you're doing spanish! Might seeya in some classes! I'm doing french & spanish :smile:
C.o.o.k.i.e
ChicaBonita i see you're doing spanish! Might seeya in some classes! I'm doing french & spanish :smile:

Sweet :p:
I've got a girl next door to me that's French but lived in Spain, so she'd be perfect for you eh :wink:
ChicaBonita
Sweet :p:
I've got a girl next door to me that's French but lived in Spain, so she'd be perfect for you eh :wink:

Ahh now that's just greeeeedy! :p:
C.o.o.k.i.e
Ahh now that's just greeeeedy! :p:

Haha, seriously, you don't know how happy I was when I realised there was a Spanish person in my flat! Once I'm comfortable with speaking Spanish again I'm gonna be in there asking her for help :laugh:

How are you finding it all so far? Enjoying yourself?
ChicaBonita
Haha, seriously, you don't know how happy I was when I realised there was a Spanish person in my flat! Once I'm comfortable with speaking Spanish again I'm gonna be in there asking her for help :laugh:

How are you finding it all so far? Enjoying yourself?

Yeah you're really lucky in that respect!! One good thing with kent i guess...the amount of international students there so it's easy to find someone to practice languages with!!

Umm it's all ok so far, i'm living off campus at home so haven't been involved with all the fresher activities really, just the day things, but so far it's all been OK! Just want to get out there and meet some new people down there now though! How are you finding it ?
Reply 86
I'm yet to encounter any Europeans.

The vast majority of overseas students seem to be Asians.

I'd also say that every other person in the city centre is Asian, not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.
C.o.o.k.i.e
Yeah you're really lucky in that respect!! One good thing with kent i guess...the amount of international students there so it's easy to find someone to practice languages with!!

Umm it's all ok so far, i'm living off campus at home so haven't been involved with all the fresher activities really, just the day things, but so far it's all been OK! Just want to get out there and meet some new people down there now though! How are you finding it ?

Yeah, I've got a couple of Spanish-speaking people that I've met that I can practice with- just gotta get the confidence to try and speak it now!

Ahhhh I'm having a wicked time :biggrin: I love all my flatmates, and I feel so comfortable, I feel like I've been here years :laugh: When I wake up and realise it's only the second day or whenever, I can't really believe it!

KentWill
I'm yet to encounter any Europeans.

The vast majority of overseas students seem to be Asians.

I'd also say that every other person in the city centre is Asian, not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

Strange, most foreign people I've met have been European. It's a big place :woo:
ChicaBonita
Yeah, I've got a couple of Spanish-speaking people that I've met that I can practice with- just gotta get the confidence to try and speak it now!

Ahhhh I'm having a wicked time :biggrin: I love all my flatmates, and I feel so comfortable, I feel like I've been here years :laugh: When I wake up and realise it's only the second day or whenever, I can't really believe it!

Don't be hogging all the spaniards to yourself ok!! :p: lol I'm really nervous about starting lectures cos i havent done spanish or french for ages...so i hope they are nice to us on the first day!! lol
Reply 89
Sorry to be a bit random, Chica, but in the photo of you on your profile you really remind me of Zoe off of Casualty! (Maybe that's just because I am a fan of the show, and spend a lot of time thinking about it, however. :blush:)
C.o.o.k.i.e
Don't be hogging all the spaniards to yourself ok!! :p: lol I'm really nervous about starting lectures cos i havent done spanish or french for ages...so i hope they are nice to us on the first day!! lol

Haha, well I'll try not to, I might share if you're nice to me :p:
Same here, my Spanish is a bit rusty after the break...I've tried to keep it up a bit, but it's hard when everyone you know only speaks English :s-smilie:

KentWill
Sorry to be a bit random, Chica, but in the photo of you on your profile you really remind me of Zoe off of Casualty! (Maybe that's just because I am a fan of the show, and spend a lot of time thinking about it, however. :blush:)

Lol really? Saying that I just changed it, there's been some confusion that the bloke in it was my boyfriend (he's so not) so I thought I better change it.
But I like Casulty to :wink: I'm going to miss watching it with my mum every Saturday :frown:
Reply 91
Hehe. Sounds like my Saturday evening TV habits. :smile:

Do either of you have to look away when there's a particularly gory scene, by any chance?

It's still the most exciting TV show there is, however,

Poor old Tess, though... :frown:
KentWill
Hehe. Sounds like my Saturday evening TV habits. :smile:

Do either of you have to look away when there's a particularly gory scene, by any chance?

It's still the most exciting TV show there is, however,

Poor old Tess, though... :frown:

Hmmm, well not really, mostly not, my mum was a nurse and then a midwife, so she's had quite a bit of experience of gory hostpital stuff. I like to stare at the screen to look cool :cool:

Yeah I know! I thought that was so graphic when they had a pole sticking out of her...do you find it weird now that they've changed the cameras and that, they've tried to go all american and experimental with it and I'm not quite sure it works :s-smilie:
Reply 93
ChicaBonita
Hmmm, well not really, mostly not, my mum was a nurse and then a midwife, so she's had quite a bit of experience of gory hostpital stuff. I like to stare at the screen to look cool :cool:

Yeah I know! I thought that was so graphic when they had a pole sticking out of her...do you find it weird now that they've changed the cameras and that, they've tried to go all american and experimental with it and I'm not quite sure it works :s-smilie:

Oh, there's no way your mum will be putting her hands to her face when the bloody scenes come on then... Watching a bit of fake gore on screen must be pretty tame to her.

About the cameras, I think I'm quite astute but haven't noticed any change in the pictorial quality (I don't have a massive TV). Are you talking about how Jeff and Dixie were being followed by a camera crew in that most ridiculous of episodes last week (it was entertaining, but in places was either cringeworthy or hugely unrealistic)? And on that note, I can't believe how Tess survived having a metal pole sticking through her for ten hours or so without medical treatment! She'll even be back in a few episodes as if she was just off work with a bit of flu. :p:
KentWill
Oh, there's no way your mum will be putting her hands to her face when the bloody scenes come on then... Watching a bit of fake gore on screen must be pretty tame to her.

About the cameras, I think I'm quite astute but haven't noticed any change in the pictorial quality (I don't have a massive TV). Are you talking about how Jeff and Dixie were being followed by a camera crew in that most ridiculous of episodes last week (it was entertaining, but in places was either cringeworthy or hugely unrealistic)? And on that note, I can't believe how Tess survived having a metal pole sticking through her for ten hours or so without medical treatment! She'll even be back in a few episodes as if she was just off work with a bit of flu. :p:

Some of the stories my mum tells me...puts me off working in hospitals for life...or just even working with the general publc to be honest :laugh:

Hmmm...I dunno, but this new series, where they started off by panning the camera around Charlie (the very first episode, I'm a bit sad with some of the things I remember) the colours seemed different, and plus you had a bit of a soliloquy from Charlie the other week, and it just all seems a bit...naff to me. I mean, I love it, but when you compare it to ER, the difference is plain for all to see.
And I know what you mean about miraculous recoveries. Considering it's a medical drama, therefore should be realistic and true to life about the medical side, it sure does miss the point at times :rolleyes:
Reply 95
Heh, Casualty fans. Yay.

I'm gonna miss Casualty. :frown:
Reply 96
No you won't. It's available on the BBC iPlayer! I just watched an episode of it now. :smile:
Reply 97
ChicaBonita
Some of the stories my mum tells me...puts me off working in hospitals for life...or just even working with the general publc to be honest :laugh:

Hmmm...I dunno, but this new series, where they started off by panning the camera around Charlie (the very first episode, I'm a bit sad with some of the things I remember) the colours seemed different, and plus you had a bit of a soliloquy from Charlie the other week, and it just all seems a bit...naff to me. I mean, I love it, but when you compare it to ER, the difference is plain for all to see.
And I know what you mean about miraculous recoveries. Considering it's a medical drama, therefore should be realistic and true to life about the medical side, it sure does miss the point at times :rolleyes:

Yeah, it was at the start of the episode before the one where Tess fell onto the pole, wasn't it? It started with Charlie making an improvised speech about the hospital, the NHS and its current condition. His unhurried, ever mellow tone just made it sound so unnatural. The silliest bit was when that film crew carried on with their filming during the fire and the paramedics and Adam's dramatic escape from it, though.

Another miraculous injury, Ruth, of course! I think the injuries that members of staff survive are becoming ever more ridiculous. In a few weeks time Big Mac will probably survive swallowing a hand grenade. :wink:
KentWill
Yeah, it was at the start of the episode before the one where Tess fell onto the pole, wasn't it? It started with Charlie making an improvised speech about the hospital, the NHS and its current condition. His unhurried, ever mellow tone just made it sound so unnatural. The silliest bit was when that film crew carried on with their filming during the fire and the paramedics and Adam's dramatic escape from it, though.

Another miraculous injury, Ruth, of course! I think the injuries that members of staff survive are becoming ever more ridiculous. In a few weeks time Big Mac will probably survive swallowing a hand grenade. :wink:

Yeah it was. I don't think the bloke playing Charlie is very good really, it's amazing he's stayed in it for so long...although I guess he's so bad he can't get a job elsewhere :laugh:
Ahhh yes, and Ruth...seriously, I'd love to be in a soap like Casulty. All the drama, but none of the consequences :cool:
Reply 99
ChicaBonita
Yeah it was. I don't think the bloke playing Charlie is very good really, it's amazing he's stayed in it for so long...although I guess he's so bad he can't get a job elsewhere :laugh:
Ahhh yes, and Ruth...seriously, I'd love to be in a soap like Casulty. All the drama, but none of the consequences :cool:

Yeah, Derek somebody. His calm demeanour can make him look a bit wooden. He's not really as animated as one might expect him to be. Though I suppose they need someone like that to offset Adam and Zoe's energy and flirtatiousness.

Did you know Charlie has been in every single episode of Casualty since it came out in 1986, by the way? It's remarkable. For 22 years that's all he's done on TV! He practically IS Charlie Fairhead.

Latest

Trending

Trending