The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
As far as I know (based on living in halls last year) DC++ doesn't work at Manc - they tried to set it up but wasn't v successful...could have changed this year though, although I've heard that the halls are crackng down more and more on illegal downloading
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
You could try waiting till the public holidays to go back home and download stuff. :p:
trev
You could try waiting till the public holidays to go back home and download stuff. :p:

it's not the same! uni connections are sooo fast!

not tried DC++, but i do know there is a program you can download that lets you download people's shared files on Itunes...
Reply 4
Babyshambles
not tried DC++, but i do know there is a program you can download that lets you download people's shared files on Itunes...

Yeah, do a search for MyTunes Redux and you'll have it.

We have DC++ in Bristol, and it's *awesome*. You can download a film of DVD quality in about 15 minutes - I've got 27 at the moment, as well as all of Alan Partridge and Blackadder III, both Ricky Gervais stand up DVDs, and some other stand-up, and no doubt I'll get more next term :biggrin:
Some of us buy them....
Reply 6
Hmmm, no DC++, that is a shame. Thanks for the info on the iTunes thingy, I'll probably give that a go when I get back. Oh, and downloading during holidays isn't really an option for me as I'm still stuck on 56k :frown:

B1aze

Latest