The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
yes er I thought you said you HAD for rejections OP...sillysilly tut tut
Reply 41
I would say that you should read over your statement with the following in mind: why you have included each and every sentence and does it contribute to the overall message you are trying to convey. I found that helpful when I was writing my PS. It is important to have something in there which makes you stand out, whether a hobby or language. You can only do your best!
Reply 42
iheartvet
I would say that you should read over your statement with the following in mind: why you have included each and every sentence and does it contribute to the overall message you are trying to convey. I found that helpful when I was writing my PS. It is important to have something in there which makes you stand out, whether a hobby or language. You can only do your best!

oops I meant to write this in the UCAS chat thread :p:
thanks for your reply though
Reply 43
ajdj
people does any of you have a different idea/wording for this sentence..."hope to have the opportunity for a life-long personal development"

I can't really use it in context atm, but I'm looking for words other than "life-long personal development"

"a" is not needed!

depends what you want this sentence to say, where ist gonna go, what message you want to portray ect,
Reply 44
ajdj
oops I meant to write this in the UCAS chat thread :p:
thanks for your reply though

That's ok, as I was responding directly to something !mena had written. As for your sentence, it depends what message you are trying to convey (what is the broader context).
Reply 45
Democracy
That's cause you're a moron. As I said, you try applying for med without experience see how far it will get you. It's not pedantry it's the facts :rolleyes:

I never, at ANY point, disagreed with the fact that you need work experience for medicine, i called you a pedant. You missed the point i was making. I would be interested at how you did in the first section of the UKCAT, understanding what people are saying doesnt seem to be your forte.

To explain my point, as you dont seem to understand, you are a pedant because you flamed someone for not listing every point needed for entry of medicine, when she was just getting to know why the OP was worried about application. Pendants will quickly point out the little things, when the person you started abusing was just trying to understand a little about the OP before making judgement. You did the opposite and made a quick, pointless and stupid judgement, like the idiot you are.

So when did i disagree that you needed work experience for medicine? Mate?

Love you x
Reply 46
MathsStudent
awwww bless i would rep you but i used up my rep today

anyway yeah Which idiot let Democracy into medicine idiots

they will soon find out what a mistake they made. hopefully he will mess up, giving them the chance to get rid of him

wishful thinking
did anyone here get an offer with a C in chemistry at AS level?
Reply 48
I am EXTREMELY worried - because you cannot decline grades.

I feel a little better with a much improved UKCAT score, in my view a much improved PS and having been advised from my offer-places last year to reapply.
(PMS and UEA)

but other than that, DD is really bad on a medical studies application.
Reply 49
swingin_yoyo
did anyone here get an offer with a C in chemistry at AS level?

What are you predicted?
Well I don't think I'm doing medicine now but I would have been predicted A/B
I was just wondering (as the competition is so immense) if anyone has been offered a place despite getting a B and C in chemistry or biology or visa-versa?! for AS....
Reply 51
swingin_yoyo
Well I don't think I'm doing medicine now but I would have been predicted A/B
I was just wondering (as the competition is so immense) if anyone has been offered a place despite getting a B and C in chemistry or biology or visa-versa?! for AS....

Predictions are more important than AS grades from what I hear, so being predicted an A would have probably overcome the C you got in AS.
I just don't think I would have got into a good medical school with AAABC at AS with B in bio and C in chem and then AAAB predictions at A2 with B possibly in chemistry
Reply 53
Sanjetti
Predictions are more important than AS grades from what I hear, so being predicted an A would have probably overcome the C you got in AS.

but getting predicted an A after getting a C at AS is a bit unfair conisdering i was 2 marks off an A for chem at AS any my school were sooooooo reluctant to predict me an A
Yes, I have a horrid feeling I'm going to get four rejections. Medicine is so much like a lottery these days, and my luck usually isn't too good...
:frown::s-smilie:
I couldn't really comment I don't know what your teachers thought of your potential or whatever, but I presume you got the prediction in the end?
I really underachieved so I guess that is why they predicted me higher....
I just don't know if anyone has ever got in with AS levels under the standard AAAA/AAAB?
Reply 56
jjkkll
but getting predicted an A after getting a C at AS is a bit unfair conisdering i was 2 marks off an A for chem at AS any my school were sooooooo reluctant to predict me an A

Yeah I agree, but it depends. If you were outstanding throughout the year but really messed up in the AS, you could still be predicted an A.

And I'm sure unis will be aware of which schools over- and under-predict.
Reply 57
scaryhair
Yes, I have a horrid feeling I'm going to get four rejections. Medicine is so much like a lottery these days, and my luck usually isn't too good...
:frown::s-smilie:

I know what you mean. I'm sure you have the relevant work experience, outstanding acadmic credentials as well as passion. But sometimes it's down to luck, and we can't control it at all! (We can't even pay the admissions tutors off!...or can we? :p:)
Sanjetti in your public profile it says you got A for chemistry at AS?
Reply 59
Sanjetti
Yeah I agree, but it depends. If you were outstanding throughout the year but really messed up in the AS, you could still be predicted an A.

And I'm sure unis will be aware of which schools over- and under-predict.

im not stupid i have great potential just got to a school that achive lower than the national average, so thier is not Drive to get As at my school.

so its do it yourself or Fail!

Latest