The Student Room Group

Imperial's priority on AS or GCSE?

Hi, I thought at first that I hadn't done myself justice at AS level but my GCSE grades would compensate for it and that was what gave me the push to apply to Imperial.

GCSE: 3 A*, 9 A
AS level: ABBB
A2 predictions: AAAA

But Imperial seems to be making offers to people with at least 50% A* at GCSE. Is there anyone with similar grades to mine who've been made an offer?:idea:

Thank you, I'm Sarah btw.

I hope this thread isn't taken the wrong way- it was not my intention to make out that "I have awful grades and am attention-seeking", I would appreciate the realistic chance I have at Imperial (a place I would love to go to!). :smile:
Reply 1
No way of misunderstanding that, I hope that this will encourage people with ability but not superb marks
Reply 2
Can anyone help me here?!
I think this is everyone's hint that I don't have a chance at Imperial....yikes.
Reply 3
I had 3A*s and 7As at gcse and was made an offer in November.

So yes you do have a chance- why wouldn't you? With nothing below an A at gcse, and straight A predictions there's no reason to doubt your academic ability, and as we all know medicine isn't just about that anyway- if your ps + reference are strong you should have a reasonable chance of an interview.

I know it's a really stressful time, but try not to worry!
Reply 4
Im sures its GCSE, i got 6 As and 4bs and GCSE and 4 As at As but was rejected.
I think they look primarily at gcses aswell as oxbridge since they are less easy to cram for

Latest