The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Psyk
Computer science.

You are made of gold.
BrightGirl
I like the sound of that! :yep:
But yknow physics degrees, is it better to do combined ones like physics and philosophy for example (not sure if this is real), or pure physics?

You sound like you are motivated by money. That is fine, but don't let it influence the choice of course too much. Think about the money and then the course i.e. would you be happy doing this course and so on.

Anyway, just apply to Oxford (not Cambridge) and you'll have a good time whatever course you pick. Most graduates from Oxbridge, I mean Oxford, can pick up highly paid jobs anyway, if thats what you want.
Reply 42
TRStemporaryusername
You sound like you are motivated by money. That is fine, but don't let it influence the choice of course too much. Think about the money and then the course i.e. would you be happy doing this course and so on.

Anyway, just apply to Oxford (not Cambridge) and you'll have a good time whatever course you pick. Most graduates from Oxbridge, I mean Oxford, can pick up highly paid jobs anyway, if thats what you want.

Yeah I know enjoyment is really what a job's about, but atm I literally don't have a clue and am not really interested in anything. As I go through the year i'll probably enjoy one subject more than the others and opt for that. And I dunno about applying to Oxford lol, I probably won't get the grades and it's a bit competitive...:o: But another good uni will be fine I think!
Reply 43
Anything...chemistry...medicine....maths....biology...biochem/////mech eng....physics...ANYTHING basically:^_^:
Reply 44
TRStemporaryusername
You are made of gold.

No wonder I'm terrible at swimming.
Reply 45
the department in asda which sells batteries and other complex sort of things could be a route of particular interest
BrightGirl
Yeah I know enjoyment is really what a job's about, but atm I literally don't have a clue and am not really interested in anything. As I go through the year i'll probably enjoy one subject more than the others and opt for that. And I dunno about applying to Oxford lol, I probably won't get the grades and it's a bit competitive...:o: But another good uni will be fine I think!

Absolutely fine. I was in your position a year ago, except I was torn between History, Economics, Computer Science or Maths so yeah. Plenty of time to decide. Even then, you can always take out a gap year and decide then??

Just make sure you gain depth in whatever subject you feel naturally inclined to study. i.e. Kill maths.
Psyk
No wonder I'm terrible at swimming.

Since when did monuments swim?

Latest

Trending

Trending