The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
RyanT
Close? about hour and a half ish approaching 2 hours depending on traffic/mode of transport.

The train from Exeter to Bristol takes about an hour.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
SylverStrike
How far away is Bristol from Exeter? I didn't realise the two were sort of close to each other!

On the train you can expect a journey from Exeter St Davids to Bristol Temple Meads to take a few minutes over an hour when there are no delays or waiting around for platforms to free up.
The roads generally take longer if speed limits are adhered to, buses from city centre to city centre will take roughly an hour and a half.
If driving yourself, or with friends, and you go above national speed limit, then you can expect about an hour and 10-20 mins. They're both brilliantly linked cities, both connected to the M5, so the vast bulk of a journey is on motorway.
The avonmouth bridge, south of Bristol, is undergoing works at the moment so any road journeys can be lengthy as a result. This is causing some delays.
Reply 22
Persipan
The train from Exeter to Bristol takes about an hour.

Well it nearly takes my dad 2 hours to drive the same distance :biggrin: Was using how long it took him to reach this science museam thing as a measuring stick - but 1 hour-1:20 sort of reflects the time it takes on the train from lancs after hitting Bristol so I guess you're right :smile:
Reply 23
The accommodation is insanely expensive.
Some actually find it a little too remote - I'm quite a quiet person, prefer pubs to clubs etc but even I found it depressing to switch on the local news only to find that the news story du jour was a sheep escaping from a field.
Some people also find the high population of rahs/sloanes/hooray Henrys a bit much as well.

im in a coma
As for compared with catered, whilst trying not to upset the catered hounds on this forum, the kind of people who live in Holland Hall could easily end up spending more per week than the extra cost of going catered in their previous year at uni.

Eh?! Only if you spend more than £50 a week on food in your second and third years, which nobody is going to unless they're stupidly rich or just REALLY bad with money.

Latest

Trending

Trending