The Student Room Group

Swedish syllabus

to mods:
There is one of this in general chat and one in academic, feel free to delete those, I wanted it here as it is cambridgerelated

Ok here's the deal. I don't know the A-level system too well but as far I understand it you study 3- <8 (if your not crazy or something) subjects? Most study 3 right?

In Sweden we have a totally different system (yes I was able to choose IB but that's not the point). We have approximately 10 subjects for the last year, I have about 14-15.

Now I am supposed to compete with other students for an engineering course when I haven't had English the last year, a lot less advanced physics and maths and also less class time.

I'm not saying it is unfair or anything I'm just saying that this obviously puts me at a disadvantage doesn't it? Do you believe that the tutors would recognize this and take it into account when considering the applicant?

Yes yes, an offer/rejection has already been made but it's fun to speculate, so any input you have, blast away.

Right, the syllabus is also totally different from yours so when the tutors are asking A-level/post A-level questions I might have not even touched the subject, maybe I should have said this. I didn't, just lounged myself at all the questions I got really :|
Reply 1
Heh I feel they're hard on Scots too :biggrin:
Reply 2
Acaila
Heh I feel they're hard on Scots too :biggrin:

But I've heard that scottish highers (or what they call it) is regarded as more difficult than A-levels :/

Latest

Trending

Trending