The Student Room Group
Reply 1
why have a similar one? You may as well be smoking golden virginia!

Get yourself either some menthol filters or a pipe, and smoke some Drum. It's good for you :wink:
Reply 2
viirkokka
why have a similar one? You may as well be smoking golden virginia!

Get yourself either some menthol filters or a pipe, and smoke some Drum. It's good for you :wink:

whats the difference between normal filters and menthol ones?
Reply 3
GV all the way, why try anything else, from what ive seen of drum, its a bit lumpy and isnt particulary pleasant to smoke (i dont smoke myself, but bf does - opinions off him)
There's a reason everyone smokes golden virginia.
Reply 5
rishi08
whats the difference between normal filters and menthol ones?

Menthol ones taste minty :smile: Theyre tasty!
Reply 6
Cazzi
GV all the way, why try anything else, from what ive seen of drum, its a bit lumpy and isnt particulary pleasant to smoke (i dont smoke myself, but bf does - opinions off him)

Drum is a pipe tobacco, hence the lumpyness. It's for gnarrrrrrly blokes :biggrin: Good stuff mind :yep:
Reply 7
apparently, henson and hedges have their own brand of roll up cigarretes called 'mellow' anyone heard of it?
Reply 8
What is the difference in taste between handrolled,filtered and unfiltered brands?
I enjoy the occasional cigar and am open to smoking pipes.I wonder how the taste compares to those...
(BTW you could move this thread to the smoker's society)
Reply 9
viirkokka
Drum is a pipe tobacco, hence the lumpyness. It's for gnarrrrrrly blokes :biggrin: Good stuff mind :yep:

haha suppose so, i never knew it was pipe tobacco! lol. Bf's only ever had it whilst abroad when not been able to get GV lol
Arka
What is the difference in taste between handrolled,filtered and unfiltered brands?
I enjoy the occasional cigar and am open to smoking pipes.I wonder how the taste compares to those...
(BTW you could move this thread to the smoker's society)

Pipe can take a bit of getting used to, and there is some art in packing the pipe correctly... but after about 3 or 4 bowls (The bowl is the bit you light, im not talking big cereal bowls here :biggrin:) you get good at it and it's very enjoyable, relaxing, and a great conversation starter.
Reply 11
viirkokka
Pipe can take a bit of getting used to, and there is some art in packing the pipe correctly... but after about 3 or 4 bowls (The bowl is the bit you light, im not talking big cereal bowls here :biggrin:) you get good at it and it's very enjoyable, relaxing, and a great conversation starter.

It's just the image of it-the association with middle aged men-that makes me fear I might be made into a social pariah.:frown:
Pipe smoking is not seen as cool as cigars or even hookahs/shishas...:frown: :frown:
Arka
It's just the image of it-the association with middle aged men-that makes me fear I might be made into a social pariah.:frown:
Pipe smoking is not seen as cool as cigars or even hookahs/shishas...:frown: :frown:

Depends if you're awesome enough to pull it off, really :wink:
i started off with gv
then i opened myself to trying others and i realised while it was the easiest to role with it was very weak i was with b&h gold for a few months, then amberleaf, which comes in a great tidy box and with papers however i am now on old holborn which tastes, smells and smokes the greatest .
Original post by yiannis-hammers
i started off with gv
then i opened myself to trying others and i realised while it was the easiest to role with it was very weak i was with b&h gold for a few months, then amberleaf, which comes in a great tidy box and with papers however i am now on old holborn which tastes, smells and smokes the greatest .

Please don't bump old threads :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending