The Student Room Group

Bocconi University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
@jcg31296 I can help you with that, since I am applying to Bocconi as well, but as a native Italian! For international students it is much easier to get in (for Italians completely much harder!). You can apply online from October 22 to January 15. The international entry requirements are: English Certificate (if you're not a Native English speaker, but you are) and you should send your SAT or ACT scores. There's a not a minimum entry requirement for your SAT or ACT scores. They don't have to be excellent, but not that bad. If you satisfy them, you'll be admitted! There are only two courses in English (International Economics & Management, International Economics & Finance). If you require any further information, contact me and I'll be happy to help you. Bocconi University in Milan is well known around the world for its prestige, since it collaborates with universities in the UK (UCL, Cass Business School, Manchester) and in the USA (Harvard, UCLA, Columbia). http://www.unibocconi.eu/wps/wcm/connect/Bocconi/SitoPubblico_EN/Navigation+Tree/Home/Services/Application+and+Admission/Admission+-+Bachelor+Programs/International+Applicants/cdl12+International+Applicants_VitaliA+2008+11+20+12+30
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jcg31296
I am an international student from the USA. I am considering studying at University of Bocconi. Being an international student, are the qualifications very difficult to get in? I have made all A's and B's in high school and I was wondering if anyone knows if that is enough in order to get in. Also if my grades are sufficient, then is that all I need grade wise in order to get accepted or do i have to show my AP scores/ SAT or ACT scores? If anyone could help me that would be great!

Hi,

You do need to provide an English qualification test, although you wont have much problem with that obviously, since you are from the US. I strongly advice you to submit the score from the SAT test. You also need to submit a motivation letter, but please check the admission page of Bocconi for all the details.

As for the comment that it is easy to get it in as an international student, that is not quite right. The number of applications to the BIEM/BIEF has been increasing considerably in recent years, and we predict it will increase for next year as well. That said, we consider your dossier, hence the whole "package", not only your grades when considering your application to the international program.

I am certainly looking forward to receiving your application. I believe we offer a very good program. The vast majority of the Professors have international experience and have been teaching either in the US or the UK previously.

Kind regards,

Arnstein Aassve
Hey,

I have applied to Bocconi and i am really stressed as it is my first choice but i would like to know if i have my chances to get in ?
I am french but i have been studying in England for now 3 years.. my friends there told me that even my grades are not amazing ( they are okay tho) i have chances to get in.
I have had all A and B in year 11 (english system ) and i have a predicted grade of 34 at my international Baccaleaurate.

Is there a lot of cases where applicants have to be redirected to their second choice because of their SAT/ Test result?

Is the Bocconi Test that i have done a major component for the admission office to make its decision ?

Thank you :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Thought I refresh this thread, as maybe this year someone could be interested in it, too :wink:
I applied to Bocconi university, so if anyone has some questions, just tell me :smile:

What I can say about the course in English: the Bocconi university gives you definitely more international opportunities than other universities do, a friend of mine studies the Economics course in English, in his first year he was for a month in Boston, in his second year in chicago and now he is deciding where to go in his third year - and such experiences look good on your CV.

Universities in Italy aren't the best in the world (that's why I'll be studying in England most probably) but Bocconi is one of the best in Economics, so it would be worth a try :wink:

And Milan is such a beautiful city and the food is amazing :wink:
Reply 24
Hi Italian Girl,

I applied to Bocconi and got in. Yayy. I am starting the MIHMEP course this September
Any tips on looking for accommodation? It seems pretty (dicey and pricey)
Part time jobs for grad students? any ideas/tips.

I will be enrolling for italian language classes by May this yeary so I can adapt easily. I cant wait to come to milan-we should meet up!.
Original post by tangytanu
Hi Italian Girl,

I applied to Bocconi and got in. Yayy. I am starting the MIHMEP course this September
Any tips on looking for accommodation? It seems pretty (dicey and pricey)
Part time jobs for grad students? any ideas/tips.

I will be enrolling for italian language classes by May this yeary so I can adapt easily. I cant wait to come to milan-we should meet up!.

Hi Tangytanu,

First of all: congrats! :smile: i was acepted for law, now I have to decide between bristol and bocconi.
Yes it is pretty expensive to live in milan, but I can help you with it as I'm currently searching too :wink: I'll write you a private message now! :smile:

And yes, just write me when you're heading to italy, I would love to meet up :smile:
hey bumping this thread but theres now a page for all international students studying at Bocconi where students can help each other find accommodation possibly worth a watch :koala:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=48329118&highlight=bocconi%202014
Original post by comique
Ducar, Why is it rubbish? I've just enrolled into that course. darn.

Well at least it sounds a bit like Broccoli. That's pretty cool.
Reply 28
Does anyone know how well a Bachelor of International Economics and Finance at Universitá Bocconi does for Investment banking in London?
Reply 29
Bocconi is one of the few non-UK universities whose students work in investment banking in London. It has a great reputation in Europe, but I guess you should pursue your studies with a MSc in Finance. Good choice!
Reply 30
I am a international student from Peru, and im considering to apply to Bocconi. Im currently studying the International Baccalaureate, can I apply with it to Bocconi?
thanks in advance
Hello everybody, long time lurker first time poster.

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows what the typical acceptance range for SATs are like for applications to Bocconi's Bachelors in English Programmes. I have read on their website that their Merit Scholarship awards require an average score of 1300 (writing not included) with at least a 600 average in Critical Reading and Math. Since a 1300 is needed for scholarship, 'normal' entry requirements would be lower, yes?

International student (non-EU) here. Any input greatly appreciated...thanks
bocconi accepts all sorts of people bro .there are people with 1700s on the SAT as well as high 2000s.getting a scholarship is very easy and most of my friends are on some sort of financial aid.
Reply 33
My overall grades are not that good and my SAT score is also quite bad. But, if I submit a really good statement, a good CV and a high IELTS score.. would I have a chance of getting in?

I'm applying in a few days and I'm so scared that I wouldn't get in :frown:
Original post by silverdi
My overall grades are not that good and my SAT score is also quite bad. But, if I submit a really good statement, a good CV and a high IELTS score.. would I have a chance of getting in?

I'm applying in a few days and I'm so scared that I wouldn't get in :frown:

Hello, do apply as you'll never know! I believe high school grades and SAT scores are more important factors but a strong cv, teacher's recommendation and good motivation letter wouldn't hurt! IELTS is just proof of language profiency but it wouldn't hurt to have high scores on this.

Goodluck
Reply 35
Original post by bocconihopeful
Hello, do apply as you'll never know! I believe high school grades and SAT scores are more important factors but a strong cv, teacher's recommendation and good motivation letter wouldn't hurt! IELTS is just proof of language profiency but it wouldn't hurt to have high scores on this.

Goodluck

I don't even know why I'm applying there anymore, there's like a 0.00001% chance that I'd actually get accepted. I've seen a lot of people saying that their SAT score is 1800+, and mine is waaaay below that.

Anyway, thanks for your reply!
Reply 36
Hello everyone,
Does Bocconi. University accept second semester entrance? That would be January 2016. Because I just missed the September 2015 entrance...
thank you!
Reply 37
Original post by Jennchus
Hello everyone,
Does Bocconi. University accept second semester entrance? That would be January 2016. Because I just missed the September 2015 entrance...
thank you!

I'm not sure about that. I think you should e-mail them about this :smile:
Reply 38
Hello everyone,
Is the University of Bologna good for Economics? Is it well recognized internationally? Compared to Bocconi University.
Thank you!
Original post by Jennchus
Hello everyone,
Is the University of Bologna good for Economics? Is it well recognized internationally? Compared to Bocconi University.
Thank you!

Hello! University of Bologna is recognized as the oldest university in continued operation. It has an english undergrad course in economics at a beautiful city. In Asia (where I'm from), Bocconi seems to have better recognition as universities here seems to have have student exchange programmes wih Bocconi but not Bologna. My $0.02 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending