The Student Room Group

Woo just got a job in Debenhams

A christmas temp at the fragrance counter! If you have a interview check your phone and machine! I just looked at my messages on my house phone and they phoned me the day after the interview with the 16 hour position! I'm so so so happy!!! It is like the best place I could want to work, I love perfume.

Scroll to see replies

debenhams are actually pretty good to work for over the christmas period! I enjoyed it last year.
suicidal_dream
debenhams are actually pretty good to work for over the christmas period! I enjoyed it last year.

Did you have to work xmas eve, boxing day dn years day or is it just like 2 of them days?
x
umm, i worked for 4 hours xmas eve - finished at 6pm ish i think...and i think i did 9-1pm boxing day. normally you'll work short shifts, so you wont miss out on too much over the xmas period.
Reply 4
Yazr
A christmas temp at the fragrance counter! If you have a interview check your phone and machine! I just looked at my messages on my house phone and they phoned me the day after the interview with the 16 hour position! I'm so so so happy!!! It is like the best place I could want to work, I love perfume.

Congratualations on getting the job :biggrin: I started as a christmas temp and now have a permanent contract and have been there 2 years. It is a great place to work and all of staff that i work with are really friendly. The discount that you will get over christmas should come in handy to, you usually have to complete 4 weeks before you are entitled to a discount card but then you will get 15% discount however last year staff got an extra 10% discount as well as the megaday discount for a certain period of time so hopefully we will get the same this year!

They like you to be flexible about working extra hours and this will usually mean working boxing day, new years day or christmas eve etc. However boxing day is extra pay either double or tripple time :biggrin: Last year i did chirstmas eve, boxing day, new years day as well as plenty of late nights and mega days.

If you have any questions feel free to ask
Rob
Rob 07
Congratualations on getting the job :biggrin: I started as a christmas temp and now have a permanent contract and have been there 2 years. It is a great place to work and all of staff that i work with are really friendly. The discount that you will get over christmas should come in handy to, you usually have to complete 4 weeks before you are entitled to a discount card but then you will get 15% discount however last year staff got an extra 10% discount as well as the megaday discount for a certain period of time so hopefully we will get the same this year!

They like you to be flexible about working extra hours and this will usually mean working boxing day, new years day or christmas eve etc. However boxing day is extra pay either double or tripple time :biggrin: Last year i did chirstmas eve, boxing day, new years day as well as plenty of late nights and mega days.

If you have any questions feel free to ask
Rob

On the xmas eve, boxing day and newyears did you experience long shifts? Sounds like a good place to work:woo:
Ohhh cool what store? I'm going to be working in the Dundee store.
Reply 7
that does actually sound really fun! i love the smell in that section. id never be able to manage having a job with a levels though :frown: when im at uni i am soo gettinng a job there though!
Reply 8
Perth! lol
I'm like so so so so ecited to work with Fragrances!! I love M by Mariah Carey!!!
Reply 10
Yazr
On the xmas eve, boxing day and newyears did you experience long shifts? Sounds like a good place to work:woo:

I did 6 hours on each of the days mentioned above, but the hours that you will be required will depend on different departments and availability of staff as a general rule at my store full time staff have these days off and weekend staff (Permanent) and chirstmas temps tend to work these days allowing the full time staff to have a break!
Reply 11
I would love to work there ahh the smell..:s-smilie:

Anyways,congrats!:smile:
Rob 07
I did 6 hours on each of the days mentioned above, but the hours that you will be required will depend on different departments and availability of staff as a general rule at my store full time staff have these days off and weekend staff (Permanent) and chirstmas temps tend to work these days allowing the full time staff to have a break!

Ahhh well 6 hours is not bad at all :smile: ohhh this might sound so sad but im really excited to work in fragrance!!
Reply 13
Well done!! It sounds really good espically in the fragrance counter..
How was your assessment day??? What did you have to do, because I have to go in on friday to have a group interview and a one-to-one interview.
Tanya4
Well done!! It sounds really good espically in the fragrance counter..
How was your assessment day??? What did you have to do, because I have to go in on friday to have a group interview and a one-to-one interview.

Group activity: You have to pick an item and sell it to the group, then your group has to decide on the 14 points of cutomer serive.
Reply 15
when did you have to work? ie what date did you start and end, im at uni away from home but want a christmas job back home but i only get a month off and don't know if thats enough to get me an xmas job
Reply 16
smellybaby
when did you have to work? ie what date did you start and end, im at uni away from home but want a christmas job back home but i only get a month off and don't know if thats enough to get me an xmas job

I got the job!....and starting 6th oct which is pretty soon, which I'm a bit shocked because I applied for a christmas temp....I dont know when it ends but I think it'll be late jan...not sure...maybe you should phone up and ask.
Reply 17
Tanya4
I got the job!....and starting 6th oct which is pretty soon, which I'm a bit shocked because I applied for a christmas temp....I dont know when it ends but I think it'll be late jan...not sure...maybe you should phone up and ask.

It is usually the middle of january when christmas temps contracts end but this will be specified on the contract which you should recieve through the post shortly. You will then find out in january whether your tempory contract will be extended or whether you are going to move onto a permanent contract or if you will simply leave debenhams.

Hope this helps
Rob
Yazr

Oo well done :smile:

In your group interview what item did you pick to sell to the group? I'm unsure about this! What's the best things to say? :biggrin:
Reply 19
Holdo24
I never had to do a group interview thing :s-smilie:
But I think mine is more permanent.
What are you guys getting paid? I dont even know yet! lol x

No way!! How come you dont have to??
I did the phone then group then a one-one interview!! And I was soo nervous as well.

I'm on 5.75 an hr....not bad :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending