The Student Room Group

Do You Think That I Can Get 2 As At A2?

I am taking Drama, French, English Lit and AS Performing Arts.

I got A B B for AS, I'm retaking Modules of English and French to bump up the old UMS marks and I'm not sure what the likelihood of upping at least one of those Bs to an A is.

I'm not applying to many universities as not many universities offer French and Drama, so I'm Just wondering if AAB at A2 is impossible with ABB at AS.

Sorry if it is a silly question. I just need a little reassurance.

x
Yes, because I've known you for over a year and I know your exact potential and how much out-of-curriculum work you do.
Reply 2
of course its possible! just ace those resits! u have a really good set of AS results, so it shouldnt be that difficult for u to bump up one of those to an A! seriously it will be fine
Reply 3
Im getting AAA from BBD so course it is :wink:
Reply 4
its possible but it depends on how hard you will work
Sneddon
Im getting AAA from BBD so course it is :wink:

You can't get an A from a D unless you resit??

So I'm guessing you're resitting... :s-smilie:

Oh an OP, of course you can, those are great results! :smile:
I think it's ok! I hope so, anyway... I got ABBB at AS and am hoping for AAA overall. :p:
I went up from Bs to As in Chemistry and History without resitting any modules. So yes it's possible :smile:
Reply 8
Thanks People :smile:

At least I know it's possible.

I didn't want to work really hard for something unattainable, but now I know I can get my grades up, this year shall be a busy work-filled one :smile:
Calumcalum
You can't get an A from a D unless you resit??

So I'm guessing you're resitting... :s-smilie:

Oh an OP, of course you can, those are great results! :smile:

Hey, it's more likely that he'll get AAB than that Ramocito Morales guy who thought he could play the system, get AAB from CEU at AS and just walk into St. Andrews next year.
No.
Reply 11
necessarily benevolent
Hey, it's more likely that he'll get AAB than that Ramocito Morales guy who thought he could play the system, get AAB from CEU at AS and just walk into St. Andrews next year.

:P Resits for all 3 i'm afraid :/ lol.

179 UMS

Realisticly AAB though, the third A depends on what happens from now, revision wise, and January with the first two module re-sits :wink:
Of course it is!!!!
I got a U in AS Psychology, and got an A in A2.
SuicideCommando
Of course it is!!!!
I got a U in AS Psychology, and got an A in A2.

Wow.

I'm surprised they let you carry it on. At my school if someone has a U and nothing else above a C at AS they're thrown out.
necessarily benevolent
Wow.

I'm surprised they let you carry it on. At my school if someone has a U and nothing else above a C at AS they're thrown out.

In mine, we need C's to carry on any subject.
It's cos I fainted in my exam. :smile: Was expecting an A.
You have to do the Maths to work out how realistic your chances are.

I don't know what your UMS marks were but a B could be anywhere between 210 and 239. To get an A at A2 you need a minimum of 480. So, if you got a low B at AS level, you might need 270 at A2 i.e. 90% or more which is quite a big ask.

For the poster who said they were going to move from a D at AS to A at A2: you have a maximum of 179 and would need a total of 480, with 300 available at A2. Doesn't add up.

Of course, if you re-sit modules in January you could reduce the gap. But that means extra revision on top of your A2 work which is at a harder level anyway. If you were close to the A boundary, you might be better off focusing on getting a good result at A2.

So, it is possible, but don't underestimate the difficulty.

I'm guessing you are asking because of Bristol's AAB requirement? Bristol say:
shortlisting for interview is mainly based on your personal statement: assessors will be looking for evidence of achievement in the dramatic or performing arts both in and out of school or college.

So, as well as working hard, you'll have to keep up your drama stuff too.

Maybe also consider the likes of Glasgow, Lancaster, Manchester and Sheffield who would offer ABB? Perfectly respectable unis though without the cachet of Bristol.

Latest

Trending

Trending