The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Visitors

Now, not that I want to have loads of guys over or anything, but someone who's also going to Exeter this year mentioned that there are rules about having people stay over in your room. They mentioned something about having to get written consent before they are allowed to stay, is this true? Like how common is it that people snitch on you or that it becomes a problem between flatmates?
Reply 1
Think it depends what accomodation your in - I'm in Point Exe and my contract says 'I may have visitors over for no more than 2 consequetive nights'.
Should say in your contract I would have thought.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Did you get your contract sent to you then? Or can you view it online? I've read my offer information but its got nothing specific to my accomodation.
Reply 3
Generally there is no problem with this and the porters generally won't notice if you do have someone else there. You don't *really* need written consent :p: It's only if they stay for aaaaaages that it becomes a problem.
Reply 4
you can have people over whenever :^_^: don't bother with filling out a sheet it's just a time waster really, i had friends over quite a bit and it was never a problem
Reply 5
I was sent my contract through the post. I'm in point exe though and its from another company called signpost. I doubt people will notice anyway if we have people to stay...
Reply 6
the only time i told them i had friends over was when my friends brought their cars and i had to tell them so they didn't get clamped... as everyone else has said, having friends over is never a problem - as long as they're not causing trouble!
Reply 7
Just so long as you don't take the piss it'll be fine.
Reply 8
boho
the only time i told them i had friends over was when my friends brought their cars and i had to tell them so they didn't get clamped... as everyone else has said, having friends over is never a problem - as long as they're not causing trouble!

My boyfriend would probably need to bring a car to visit me.
Do I just tell the porter, or do I need to get a parking permit or something?

he wouldn't be too impressed if he got clamped!:rolleyes:
Reply 9
i don't know what the deal is with every hall but i know lopes you just go in and sign a sheet and they give you a temporary permit which you have to pay like £1 a day for... if your boyfriend is actually planning on coming down lots, you might be better off applying for a full permit which you can then put in his car whenever he comes down as they might take offence to you continuosly having someone to stay/taking up the parking spaces...! he'll also be able to park out of halls too so all is not lost, you will suss it out once you're down there xxx
Remember no student parking on campus this year.....at all.
Though I'm not sure about the situation at St Davids, Cook Mews, Point Exe etc. I know theres still parking available at James Owen but you do need a permit.
I can't see why Cooks wouldn't ahve student parking. Its limited (8 spaces apparently, but in reality its more like 6 if you're lucky, and theres 2 or 3 that students can't use.)
Reply 12
Cooks has empty spaces pretty much everyday, no problem here.
Ramble
Cooks has empty spaces pretty much everyday, no problem here.

Oooh Oooh Oooh you're a cook mewser :biggrin: Which room?

Latest

Trending

Trending