The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
if you haven't got a paid account, then seeing as everyone shares the same main ip address, and everyone uses all the same download sites, the server says the download limit has been reached.

What download tools are you talking about?

*thinks she might not know what she's talking about*
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
La Trampa
if you haven't got a paid account, then seeing as everyone shares the same main ip address, and everyone uses all the same download sites, the server says the download limit has been reached.

What download tools are you talking about?

*thinks she might not know what she's talking about*

You don't sound that gaumless lol... i'm assuming he means all forms of P2P
including torrenting and direct
:biggrin:
I think you're right basically, maybe he needs to check his firewall settings for the new Internet connection.. cus hes probly blocked sumin :s-smilie:

But oh well :biggrin:

Jez

(Also a gaumless guy :biggrin:)
Reply 3
well in that case, i'm assuming that most forms of P2P, if not all, have been blocked by the uni.
I do use rapidshare to download my shows and the only way I can do so without getting the download maxed message is by having a paid account.
Reply 4
Yeh, sounds like it to me :biggrin:

Yeh that would work.. but then.. obv. its not free (bright comment huh)
OR... maybe
You could use sumin called 'Hide my IP'

It works quite well :biggrin: Just masks your IP but lets you surf like normal... gerat :biggrin:
you can use torrent with forced encryption
Reply 6
... or you could pay for your music and film?
Reply 7
didnt some one say theres a file sharing network among the students ?
why dont u just use that, i bet u can find anything and everything....... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

hmm, does anyone know how to access that filesharing network ?? :smile:
Koli
didnt some one say theres a file sharing network among the students ?
why dont u just use that, i bet u can find anything and everything....... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

hmm, does anyone know how to access that filesharing network ?? :smile:

There used to be a network a few years ago but then someone wrote about it on forum which is checked by uni admins and it was shut down so now theresnt one :woo:
Reply 9
even if there was one, would you risk your internet and education? (if you get caught the uni have stressed they'll stop providing the user with the internet service and the next step would be expulsion).
Reply 10
The Uni have a duty of care to have policies in place to stop illegal file sharing.

There will however always be those who know how to circumvent the system.
Reply 11
La Trampa
even if there was one, would you risk your internet and education? (if you get caught the uni have stressed they'll stop providing the user with the internet service and the next step would be expulsion).

i'm actually living off campus, but a friend of mine living on campus heard about this (dee cee plus plus) hub that uni students are running, so i'm trying to help him find more info, since he's not really good with computers etc

can u help us out here trampa? IF this uni hub is still available, can u perhaps pm me what he needs to do get in

thx
To my knowledge, I don't think it's running this year.
If it is, then I haven't got anything sorry. :dontknow:
Reply 13
ok :frown:

thx anyway

Latest

Trending

Trending