The Student Room Group

Ideas and travelling advice for October Holidays

I'm an au pair at the moment in france, chantilly, about 20 mins from centre of Paris, I've got some holidays coming up around 27oct - 5nov, and i really want to do some travelling in these holidays, i've thought about Backpacking in paris for a few nights-staying in youth Hostels or going down to Bordeaux for a few nights or camping in South of france, all these sound good, but they're all quite expensive.

I want to stay in Europe, but i'm not sure where the best places to go to are,a nd of course the cheapest, i'm on a very tight budget, as i'm only 18 and dont have loads of money, i would like to keep it under €250, including travel prices, i.e train/flights, whichever's cheapest.

I'd quite like to stay in France, and try and travel france, i've seen the eurotrain prices and they are all around €112 for 4 dyas travelling, it's a bit too expensive really.

So if anyone has some ideas onwheres best to go, and cheapest ways os travelling, i would LOVE to hear them. :smile:
Reply 1
hey if you want to go to paris for a few days, i have a mate there who i met through ''couch surfing'' who might be willing to put you up for a few nights for free...if you want more details pm me. if in october you should go to oktobfest in germany :smile:

Latest