Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

music for fashion show??

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    my school's hosting a student fashion show soon, and I valenteered (spelling ??) to DJ the event. If got A LOT of music and pretty much all the latest music..but could anyone please give me advice on what kind of music to play for the fashion show? names please? genre?
    thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    funky stuff, lots of fashion houses actually get artists to perform at their shows. prince has done one IIRC justin timberlake etc.

what kinda clothes are you doing?

just dont make it cringe
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loafer)
    just dont make it cringe
    I guess that's my Madonna - Material Girl suggestion out of the window
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Volunteered.

It depends on the theme of the fashion show. Generally, though, you'll need to play a mix of up-beat stuff, but not necessarily a club hit. I'd a suggest a song from Kanye (maybe Flashing Lights?), Pharrel/NERD (just about anything), also Snoop and Pharrel's Beautiful (might not be appropriate for your school, though).
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about this the other day actually. I'd have an angry fashion show like Vivenne Westwood's, I'd begin with Choose Life from Trainspotting and then go into Argument by Robots In Disguise.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strictly Business)
    Volunteered.

It depends on the theme of the fashion show. Generally, though, you'll need to play a mix of up-beat stuff, but not necessarily a club hit. I'd a suggest a song from Kanye (maybe Flashing Lights?), Pharrel/NERD (just about anything), also Snoop and Pharrel's Beautiful (might not be appropriate for your school, though).
    was thinking the same as you, although we used to use instrumentals when we did these, avoided the lyrics
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bAYw...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IawR7...eature=related.

use the tab on the right to see the rest, cos kanye is quite a good producer if nothing else
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    funky stuff, lots of fashion houses actually get artists to perform at their shows. prince has done one IIRC justin timberlake etc.

what kinda clothes are you doing?

just dont make it cringe
    theme is futuristic... occasion called "futurista" going to have clothes from the 70's or so to the present..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have been a DJ for about 11 years, the best thing would be some funky house music, **** the chart ****.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    this would be pretty cringe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPZJYQXQsm8
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Atomic - Blondie
    Born Slippy - Underworld (has a good marching pace for the models, if they can manage in heels)
    But this one is awesome, especially if you can use those same visuals After Every Party I Die
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    right said fred - i'm too sexy

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ipZDG6__Zfc

the irony with this song is, the guy isnt actually sexy :laugh:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Flawless by The Ones
    It sounds quite funky, techno and I think it would go well with a fashion show
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    this would be pretty cringe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPZJYQXQsm8
    Hm, not necessarily but it would get a little boring after a while.

What's the theme? Punk, electronic? (in regards to the music). Watch some of Gok's Fashion Fix and see what music he uses (even though he's an ass), or alternatively watch a fashion show online that's similar to the sort of thing you'll have at school.

They used this one on Gok's Fashion Fix, I know it's pretty long so you could edit it but it worked on his show..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY3ZtvwlINM

I've an Elle Collections kicking about my house somewhere with the music from all the fashion shows, if that would be of any use!
    • 4 followers

(Original post by jabed786)
    Flawless by The Ones
    It sounds quite funky, techno and I think it would go well with a fashion show
    I just came here to post the exact same song. :p: It'd work with the futuristic theme as well.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just came here to post the exact same song. It'd work with the futuristic theme as well.
    :yep: great minds think alike :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most big desingers do dancey stuff like Simian Mobile Disco (Versace) or Justice etc. They tend to do modern dance songs unless there is a specific theme to their clothes like vintage stuff, then they might play a vintagey song. Sleep Deprivation by Simian Mobile Disco is really good and Hustler Just adding LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk is playing at my house, Fedde Le grand- put your hands up for Detroit and Chemical Bros - most of their stuff really, Midnight Madness, Saturate and Do It Again are all good.
    Just for fun, Ernie K Doe - Here come the girls (off the Boots advert)
    Good Luck! I hope no one trips over
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    'Temptation Waits' by Garbage would be a good'un. Random upbeat, dancey, hip hop stuff...perchance 'Stronger' by Kanye West.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 25, 2008
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.