Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Discursive Essay NAB Help - English

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm needing a little help on doing the higher english writing NAB.

I've decided on writing a discursive essay about Graffiti: Art or Vandalism?

I've done some research on each side of the argument but I'm finding it hard to divide it in to main points. Like how should I split it? What should the main points be? Argh! It's my first time writing a discursive for english since standard grade, and then I wasn't even great anyways:shifty: I think its the stucture and content thats confusing me the most about this!

I should've picked a short story or reflective (although I really hate them)

Can anybody help me please? Obviously not do the essay, but outline a structure or something or a rough guide to write a general higher essay
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is the way I laid mine out;

Introduction
    First point (1 pro & 1 con)
    Second point (1 pro & 1 con)
    Third point (1 pro & 1 con)
    etc
    Conclusion

To get the 'discussion' started I quoted a few controversial lines from the Bible in my introduction then went on to introduce the actual topic. Each time I took a new paragraph I tried to link it on from the paragraph before it to make it flow better. In my conclusion I gave my opinion on the topic which was gained from the points raised before in my essay.

Thats just a few small things I did for my NAB essay. I've yet to sit the actual NAB but my teachers corrected it and gave me a B so a definite pass. Hope this helps you a little.

Also, have a read through these two websites it may help you out a little more:
    -http://writing-services.org/blog/200...essay-writing/
    -http://www.wikihow.com/Write-an-Essay
    Good luck
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    try idebate.org
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replies, I think my problem is that its just not organised enough!

Gonna sort through all the notes I have and try and group them in to points.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 24, 2008
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.