The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Its not even much dearer. IMO a good barbers is better than a hairdresser.
Reply 2
It's definitely worth going to a good barbers. My baber takes 30 minutes on each haircut no matter what the style. I didn't realise how good he was until I tried other places where they rush you in and out of the chair as quick as they can and do a really shabby job.
ermm wtf?

i've been to places descrbied as 'barbers' and places described as hairdressers/salons - what is the difference?

they all operate on the same policy, peopel wait and they just cut and churn them out as fast as possible.

unless you are just talking about purposefulyl oging somewhere where it is more expensive so you have more time due to less customers about
Reply 4
The difference is that barber's just cut men's hair and hairdressers are usually unisex.

They don't all operate on the same policy. Some of them rely on walk-ins and try and get people in and out as quickly as possible so they can move onto the next person whereas others you have to book an appointment and you get their full attention for a set amount of time.
my boyfriend usually gets his haircut where i get mine done which is a "salon", he pays 8 pounds , how much were you thinking?
Reply 6
Once I paid £30 for a haircut after taking my girl friends advice. It was a most horrific experience. I walked out burning with shame.
The next day I paid a barber £5 to shave it off so I could start again.

Latest