The Student Room Group

i got a "D" in one AS level, should i resit it, or just move on..need help urgently

hi

ive just started A2 year at college, and my as grades are

ABCD ( i got a D in accounting)

should i resit it for a better grade, or should i just leave it, as i have dropped it, as you only need 3 a levels.

the issue is, some unis like kings want a pass in an AS level at B grade, so is it worth me resitting in an attempt to get into that one uni, or should i just move on and concentrate on my a levels at hand, as retaking that aswell as other retakes may lower my overall a level grade.

Im really confused

someone help!!!!!

:frown:
personally... i got a C in chemistry.. and instead of dropping... decided to get it up to an A.. then dropped it while continuing with the other subjects... don't forget that it's all a point system... ( UCAS ) that is... the more points the better.
Are there any modules you did particularly bad in that you could get up to a good grade? Maybe resit one or two modules to get the grade up.
Reply 3
I got a D in maths, but i gave up halfway through the year and hated it for a whole year. I just dropped it and tried to forget i ever wasted all that time, a D is better than nothing and i have no inclination to study it again to make it higher.
Reply 4
inksplodge
Are there any modules you did particularly bad in that you could get up to a good grade? Maybe resit one or two modules to get the grade up.

the problem is that the every unit i did i got a D, i got exactly 50 out of 100 on all 4 units, kinda wierd, but ye,
lyrical17
the problem is that the every unit i did i got a D, i got exactly 50 out of 100 on all 4 units, kinda wierd, but ye,

Yeah that's odd.. Maybe retake a couple that you think you could do better in? :smile:
Reply 6
honestly i would move on if at all possible, u've still got so much work 2 do this year with ur other exam subjects, i would just put all ur energy into getting all As and Bs if poss.
lyrical17
hi

ive just started A2 year at college, and my as grades are

ABCD ( i got a D in accounting)

should i resit it for a better grade, or should i just leave it, as i have dropped it, as you only need 3 a levels.

the issue is, some unis like kings want a pass in an AS level at B grade, so is it worth me resitting in an attempt to get into that one uni, or should i just move on and concentrate on my a levels at hand, as retaking that aswell as other retakes may lower my overall a level grade.

Im really confused

someone help!!!!!

:frown:

I was in exactly the same position as you this time last year op! The advice from my school was not to resit and concentrate on my A2's but in hindsight I wish I had done! If I'd resat I know I could have improved from a D to at least a C or even a B...and so I think if you were to resit and your grade to was to increase then it would make all the effort you put in during your AS year even more worth it. So yeah I would definitely resit if you don't feel as if your AS grade was the one you deserved. It could work towards improving your chances of getting into unis (like kings).

But remember not to neglect your A2's and don't work too hard revising for the resits. If you feel like you'd have to do this in order to increase your grade then it's probably not worth resitting!

Good luck if you decide to resit! =D
I got a D in history (My lowest grade -I was devastated) but it has no relavence to the course I want to study at uni, so I dropped it and am not resitting the unit I did poorly on, because we've been told that you can not change the AS grade that apears on your UCAS and any extra points you earn will be added to your final A level grade, but whats the point if your not taking the subject to A2?
If you dont need a specific grade in that subject to get into uni, then theres really no point in resitting (In my opinion) just focus on your A2's.
it depends on whether u can take on the work load, at AS business studies i got a U i was like WTF coz i no way ever got U in my life so i redid the whole as alongside my A levels and got a B :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending