The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Brussels, damnit. Make it Christmas Eve. I'll be back for then.
Will there be football meets during term time up north? If so, Newcastle would be fantastic. :p:
If it's in L'pool I don't think I'll bother.
Reply 4
NDGAARONDI
Will there be football meets during term time up north? If so, Newcastle would be fantastic. :p:

Probably not, but you could always contact RobbieC and kick a ball against a wall with him or something. Choose a nice solid wall though. Rob might break it down with one of his shots.

jaydoh
If it's in L'pool I don't think I'll bother.

Why not? Aren't you in Manc? That's about fifty minutes on the train and eight quid for a ticket.
Jangrafess
Probably not, but you could always contact RobbieC and kick a ball against a wall with him or something. Choose a nice solid wall though. Rob might break it down with one of his shots.

Why not? Aren't you in Manc? That's about fifty minutes on the train and eight quid for a ticket.

It depends how close the pitch is to the train station. :yep:
if i'm still in liverpool, i'm in
Reply 7
I'm back upside at Crimbo. I'm there.
You know i'm in :cool: Will try ma best to be fit in time.
Reply 9
jaydoh
It depends how close the pitch is to the train station. :yep:

Oxford Rd to Mossley Hill (Nearest station to pitches) is about 10 mins walk down a lovely suburban road to the pitches, 2 mins if you are Lazy and get the bus...
Reply 10
I would definitely come to this.
Reply 11
Is this an exclusive club or is anyone free to come? :o: What exactly does it involve as well?

Thanks!
Reply 12
Ascient
Is this an exclusive club or is anyone free to come? :o: What exactly does it involve as well?

Thanks!

Anyone can come, as is always the case! :smile: You're a Londoner, eh? Well, we've had about ten meets already, and they've all been in London, so bad luck on the timing. Typically, we play two or three matches then head off to the pub. The matches are lighthearted and the players switch teams regularly. At the last two meets we've banded together to form a TSR team, and beaten opponents in Regents Park. (Completely unintentionally.)
Well, that could be interesting :p:

Though I'm about an hour and a bit away from L'pool
Reply 14
Ascient

Thanks!

Anyone is welcome. This is a northern one so there isn't even a clique, plenty will be completely new.

The format normally follows something like this

Gather at a station, head to the pitch en masse, play mid afternoon, find a decent alehouse (traditionally Spoons but we are entering uncharted territory here as the nearest boozer to the pitches is a Yates'). People then follow the course of their travel arrangements or stay on for a late one!
Reply 15
Jangrafess
Anyone can come, as is always the case! :smile: You're a Londoner, eh? Well, we've had about ten meets already, and they've all been in London, so bad luck on the timing. Typically, we play two or three matches then head off to the pub. The matches are lighthearted and the players switch teams regularly. At the last two meets we've banded together to form a TSR team, and beaten opponents in Regents Park. (Completely unintentionally.)

izaldo
Anyone is welcome. This is a northern one so there isn't even a clique, plenty will be completely new.

The format normally follows something like this

Gather at a station, head to the pitch en masse, play mid afternoon, find a decent alehouse (traditionally Spoons but we are entering uncharted territory here as the nearest boozer to the pitches is a Yates'). People then follow the course of their travel arrangements or stay on for a late one!

Sounds well cool :smile:

Yeah, I'm a Londoner. Studying at King's now, so staying in Central London and comfortably close to Regents Park!. I'd definitely be interested in coming to this. 10 meets already in London is cool from a selfish viewpoint, because it suggests you'll be back here sooner or later :p: Depending on the exact time and just general convinience, I might come to this Northern one if I can.
Reply 16
Ascient
Sounds well cool :smile:

Yeah, I'm a Londoner. Studying at King's now, so staying in Central London and comfortably close to Regents Park!. I'd definitely be interested in coming to this. 10 meets already in London is cool from a selfish viewpoint, because it suggests you'll be back here sooner or later :p: Depending on the exact time and just general convinience, I might come to this Northern one if I can.

Aye, well I've sort of become the person who tends to organise these meets now, because Rafa's busy and I have experience in badgering people. I'm currently living in Manchester as I've started uni here, but when I'm back in London over Xmas and in the Summer, I'll definitely organise more. (What I'm thinking is an early Xmas hols northern meet, and a late Xmas hols London one. :smile:)
Reply 17
We're looking for some of the London lot to band together and make it a bit of an awayday, aways are the best after all :wink: Early stages in this planning lark at the moment though!

(I'm speaking as someone who has made the trip down for a footy match a few times :wink: )
Reply 18
I wouldn't really be opposed to going up to Liverpool anyway- it's a lovely city in the midst of mass improvements, so would be quite fun. It's just the practical things that would be a concern, but I'm sure it's more than possible.

I would almost certainly come to a London gathering!
Reply 19
izaldo
We're looking for some of the London lot to band together and make it a bit of an awayday, aways are the best after all :wink: Early stages in this planning lark at the moment though!

(I'm speaking as someone who has made the trip down for a footy match a few times :wink: )

Are you going to Man City vs. Liverpool? (Off topic. :colondollar:) I'm thinking about going, but it's £42.

Latest