The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What is it with Trolls and TSR recently...
Reply 2
asdasta
Do not feed the troll, people.

dude, this is a genuine problem. I swear I wouldn't make something like this out of the blue.
This isn't even a good troll. Jesus...
Reply 4
Watch This, it'll make you feel better.
Reply 5
Really ******* worried.
You know they send out scouts to know when people are living somewhere, so they can send in what are known in the biological world as "the harvesters", the larger ones who rip you up whilst you sleep and take food back to the nest for the young and the queen. You should have killed it - ah, but then the fact that their scout didn't return would have alerted them to your presence. You need a spy within their ranks to see how high up their list of victims you are, so you can prepare a counter-insurgency against them. Maybe try bargaining with a rival cockroach nest in exchange for the whereabouts of your flatmates sleeping quarters?
Kater Murr
This isn't even a good troll. Jesus...

Yeah it's a bit of a boring one...
Reply 8
Tiger Style
ive heard that they are known to come out at night and try to eat people while they sleep.

Om nom nom. :rofl:
MSB
Really ******* worried.

I know the boy in your sig.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team.
DanGrover
You know they send out scouts to know when people are living somewhere, so they can send in what are known in the biological world as "the harvesters", the larger ones who rip you up whilst you sleep and take food back to the nest for the young and the queen. You should have killed it - ah, but then the fact that their scout didn't return would have alerted them to your presence. You need a spy within their ranks to see how high up their list of victims you are, so you can prepare a counter-insurgency against them. Maybe try bargaining with a rival cockroach nest in exchange for the whereabouts of your flatmates sleeping quarters?

I see that you all seem to find this amusing. This is the first time i'e actually encountered a cockroach so i'm really worried about the potential damage it can inflict on me. As i've read up about them after seeing it and have come across some real horror stories.
Im not bothered about germs etc, that's something my dettol spray could easily take care of.

I just need to know if they are directly harmful to people. Otherwise I won't be able to sleep tonight and I have a registration class tommorrow at nine.
Tiger Style
I moved in to my house about a week ago. Earlier I was sat at my desk and it just came out of nowhere and started crawling around on a pile of papers.

It stopped when it was aware of me and started flailing its antennae, I reached to grab for somethin but it scurried away under my keyboard. I went to put on some gloves and removed all objects from the desk but it was gone.

It was the only one I saw but im worried about them being directly harmful as ive heard that they are known to come out at night and try to eat people while they sleep.

what should I do if I see it again??

Also are they capable of flying?? that may explain how it got away

* No, cockroaches can't fly
* No, they don't eat people while they sleep... they can't actually bite
* They are completely harmless unless they start multiplying and contaminating food etc
* DO NOT squash them as this releases their eggs which will hatch all over your room, when they die they also leave a scent for other cockroaches who come and eat them...
* The best way to get rid of them is to drown them, put them in a glass and put them outside, spray them with hairspray so their legs stick together and they can't move, or just pick it up and put it in a field somwehere.....
* Make sure your room's clean too...
* And don't forget, if you behead one... somehow... they can live for aaaaaaaaages without a head! Nice!
* They are REEEEEEEEEALLY fast when scared, which would explain how it got away

(I know this because we recently spent a week in Gran Canaria, which is famous for its cockroach infestations... the holiday rep gave us a "bug book" and that was in it....)

Hope you get rid of your little friend...
The Hitchhiker
What is it with Trolls and TSR recently...

... just like cockroaches ~ you can't get rid of them. :p:

tbh, I think the cockroach is genuine...
Reply 15
They make delicious snacks!
Reply 16
just eat it that'll make it go away....
Original post by Girl&#9829
they can't actually bite
when they die they also leave a scent for other cockroaches who come and eat them...

whut
Reply 18
Some cockroaches can indeed fly, and I hope yours does. :P:

Back to topic, troll or not I don't think you have any reason to fear this little creature. They don't eat humans obviously, why do you think the cockroach ran way when it saw you?
I didn't understand why everyone thought this was a troll untill I read the post properly and saw cockroaches try to "eat people while they sleep". :rolleyes:

Latest