The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Wifebeaters

hmm i have noticed an increasing prevalence of lads going in nought but a vest and i was just wondering what the female take upon this is.

I always thought it was a tad look at me and tastless however i have seen people fawning over lads in wifebeaters in a club.

also i went out fancy dress to a beach party in a vest and i pulled so are they that bad or good or what?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If they have nice arms, it looks hot, and hence they should be worn non-stop.
Reply 2
Wifebeaters look trashy imo.
Amanda
Wifebeaters look trashy imo.

lol you see that was my first impression. i thought well if your not a gangsta rapper or somesuch it shouldnt really be done.

but then i do like to think of myself as the white fifty cent....:woo:
they're a bit boy band too.
Oh hell yes. I saw a guy walking around town in one, and he had shoulder length hair, facial hair and biceps. I was in my element. PHWOAR!!!

(Excuse the hormonal mess my posts have become today... bloody hormones I'm uncontrollable!!!) lol.
Reply 6
curiouslyorange1989
lol you see that was my first impression. i thought well if your not a gangsta rapper or somesuch it shouldnt really be done.

but then i do like to think of myself as the white fifty cent....:woo:

lol yeah i agree with the thing about gangsta rappers.. not so much that you are one. :p:
Reply 7
Its only bad when the skinny guys wear them. lol im wearing one right now so wifeys till i die haha
They look gorge if the lads got a nice tan or darker and has good arms! Yum:P
Reply 9
:s sorry but whats a wifebeater?
Reply 10
i think wifebeaters look really good!... only if you have the body for it!
hahah im actually wearing one right now coz iv been to the gym (which is why it got me thinking)

so the prequiserate of wearing them socially is working out and hitting the sunbeds?

haha this is spiceboy heaven!
MrsIpod
:s sorry but whats a wifebeater?

vest :biggrin: bloke vest!
Reply 13
Accessorise - add a bottle/can of Stella, facial hair, bodily hair and, most importantly; a stern back hand applied liberally to disobedient females. :borat:
Reply 14
curiouslyorange1989
vest :biggrin: bloke vest!

Ahhh i see! :biggrin:
Reply 15
I always wear'em to the gym and I often wear them with a small or tight hoody/windrunner, looks awesome haha.
Reply 16
MrsIpod
Ahhh i see! :biggrin:

c.f.

Reply 18
Either you don't have the physique in which case you'll look crap, or you do have the physique in which case you'll look like some narcissistic vanity ulcer who is trying to show off their physique, so avoid in any case.

zed oh em gee! :zomg:

a guy i was seeing, wore them and he was so fit my god. onnomnomnom

so, essentially, if you're sexy and can carry them off, great. if not, avoid:yep: