The Student Room Group

leeds or lecister?

hi all
really not sure where to apply im torn between leicster and leeds.....really like the course at leeds but liek leicster city more.....really donmt want to get 4 str8 rejections so am kinda wanting 2 apply 2 sumwer where i have a better chance of getting an offer....
id say my strengths would be my p.s and reference grades are pretty good ukcat kinda poor...... am applying 2 cardiff manch and liverpool too
thx
Reply 1
Leeds it's easier to spell :wink:
Reply 2
haha apart from that??
Reply 3
Leicester have just had a new shopping centre built, its very good :wink:

And I know Leicester's application system has equal weighting for each area (eg. 5 points for top UKCAT score, 5 points for Academic...) But I dunno about Leeds, can only give you Leicester help I'm afraid!
Reply 4
Leeds tend to get alot more applicants than leicester so theres more competition. Also leeds tend to concentrate more on the personal statement and reference, placing very little attention on the UKCAT. Leeds do however score your application on certain things and they give points on academic achievements aswell.
Reply 5
i have the same problem. Can't choose between leeds or leicester
I asked Leeds why they rejected me and they told me about their application procedure.
Basically your application is out of 46 points, 38 was needed for interview last year.
A possible 22 points can be scored for your reference and academic achievements and 24 points for your personal statement which is broken up into four sections, I forgot what they are though, sorry.
Hope this helps you decide whether or not to apply to Leeds.
Reply 7
Leeds (in my opinion) has more of a northern feel while leicester is noticably more midlands. Depending on where your from that may play into your decision.

Latest

Trending

Trending