Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Job for one day a week?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi basically im a student at college and my timetable is pretty heavy (maths, biology, chemistry and economics), i need time to do plenty of work as i want A's hopefully

I really only want to work one day a week (sat or sun) is this possible and do you think it will put alot of employers off?

can anyone give me websites where i can apply online?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    supermarkets? they often take on weekend staff
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    most places WANT people who can work saturdays or sundays - especially supermarkets
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Weekend end is wanted by supermarkets and also theres places wanting temporary christmas work so you can try and get something temporary.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im not sure if most places would want you to work one day a week because they usually have a set minimum number of hours for you to work in a week ranging from 8-16 hours. But i think thats only for big companies. Ask around at small shops or restaurants, they might have some as ive seen my friend get a saturday job at a restaurant
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I work at WH Smith - Sunday only. My job is just to change the charts every week, and to work the entertainment desk. I just went in and asked if there was a weekend job available and they said they needed somebody to work Saturday or Sunday or both.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgirl)
    supermarkets? they often take on weekend staff

yes but not always for only one day, many have minimum hours, I know Sainsburys has a minimum of 12 hours needed to work.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know asda are supposed to have a minimum of 12 hours a week but i have only ever worked a 6 hour shift on a sunday i think it depends on the store but there also pretty good at giving me unpaid leave or doing shift swaps if your needing more time to study or something
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    how do u apply for asda?

online?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.sehgal)
    how do u apply for asda?

online?
    You need to go into your local store and ask for an application form, but usually they don't have any and will ask you to send them a CV/Cover Letter and they mail you back in the post an application form.

I'd take a CV/Cover Letter in an envelope ready if you go in and ask for an app form when they say "we don't have any, bla bla" .. :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I work one day a week, 6 hours on a Sunday at Next

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 28, 2008
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.