The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

cookieboy
Take that advise ^^ ... trust me

I agree, give it a go what have you got to lose.:confused:
Reply 41
cookieboy
Take that advise ^^ ... trust me

thanks i am gonna try.by any chance what unis in london do medicine.
Reply 42
muslima92

Here mate, check this out :wink:

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/tol_gug/gooduniversityguide.php?AC_sub=Medicine&sub=44&x=49&y=15
Reply 43
however ive decided i am taking a gap year re-take maths,science,english lang. at GCSEs and hopefully if i get As or Bs i can do medicine.but i have to get my predicted grades come true and everything would be fine.yaaaaaaaaaaaaay

I dont think you should take a gap year just to resit a few GCSE's. Did you tell QM about your your circumstances? And surely being predicted AAA in bio, chem, maths overcomes the fact you didnt get 'ideal' in your science and maths GCSE's.

If I was an admissions person at Oxbridge, Kings, Warwick or wherever I would accept you into the uni immediately, your achievements are very very good.

good luck with everything.
muslima92

If you are asking which London unis do medicine, they are
QMUL
UCL
Kings
St George
Imperial

I guess that's it.
Reply 45
St George's would be a good one to look at for you - they are explicit about giving people credit for the context in which they achieved their academic results, so I'd be extremely surprised if you got the same sort of response as you seem to have got from QM.
Reply 46
Yeah St George's actually use some formulae based on school performance, and can give out lower A Level offers for those at underperforming schools for those years - I see no reason why they wouldn't give consideration for GCSE year too.

Latest

Trending

Trending