The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I have just bought tortora and derrickson which seems quite good. Though not really in a position to recommend as just starting.
Reply 2
Currently I have:

Human Anatomy and Physiology by Marieb and Hoehn
Lecture notes on Anatomy by Moffat
Grays Anatomy for Students by Drake, Vogl and Mitchell

I've been told to get MCQs in Anatomy too, but that'll be slightly later in the year.

These are all from my library btw, I'm too poor to buy them :o:

But yeah, I've only started a week ago, but I've found it good for my notes and stuff in that time, someone more experienced might disagree!
Reply 3
Whhyyy are they so expensive...£50!
Reply 4
We have been told to buy

Gray's anatomy for students
Silverthorn Human Physiology

Waterstones online have a sale on textbooks and 10% off with NUS card.

Also see bookbutler.com - great site.
Reply 5
For anat - we were suggested Dean and Peggington.
Reply 6
We were suggested Martini, Marieb, and Saladin
Reply 7
Alex L
We were suggested Martini, Marieb, and Saladin

Alex - I thought you were going to Leicester?
Reply 8
If you want literally just anatomy, with pictures of dissection and not much text (if you are a 'visual' learner :P) then McMinn's Atlas of Human Anatomy is blummin' brilliant. Otherwise for lots of text and clinical notes, Gray's Anatomy, or 'Clinical Anatomy' by Snell, or 'Anatomy and Physiology' by Martini. All are very good.
Reply 9
No Future

Nah, can't remember who went to Leicester this year :s-smilie:. How's St Andrews treating you?
Reply 10
No Future

That might have been me? :wink:
There we go :biggrin:
Reply 12
And for the record, I did have a place at Leicester but got ABB, so it's a year out for me. With the UKCAT tomorrow, yay!
Ha ha, well I was kinda right!

It's very good thanks. Loving the town and the uni and the med school so far! :smile:

How's Manchester?

I'm allocated to Manchester for years 4-6!
Manchester's wicked, so much going on, all of the time, you'll love it! Yeh, don't you do your clinicals here, how come you have three years of pre-clinicals though, I'm in hospitals for years 3-5 :s-smilie:
I do years 1-3 at St Andrews, get a BSc and do 3 years of clinicals at Manchester = 6 year course.

Ah, so you'll be in the year above then.
Aah I see :smile:. You'll enjoy it here, the hospitals seem massive, so its all good :biggrin:
Gray's Anatomy for students AND
Berne and Levy Physiology

More than enough tbh.

Latest

Trending

Trending