The Student Room Group
Reply 1
hey, i did as-level maths (got a c) but dropped the subject in the 2nd year. My full a-levels were biology, chemistry and psychology. I got accepted to both LSOP and Kings college and am now studying pharmacy (1st year) at kings. So check the entry requirements and phone up the universities with your question. a pharmacy student at the open day told me that the maths involved at the pharmacy course is really not difficult and that they teach you the maths that you need anyway.
Reply 2
As long as you have chemistry and one of bio, phys or maths then you're fine.
Reply 3
I didn't do maths at all, but Lsop still gave me an offer, and i got in woo =) .. and from what i've heard, Kings gives those without maths an interview.
Reply 4
i had exactly the same question, I've heard that kings prefer maths to AS level but i know someone who went kings with 3B's (Bio, Chem and BS) and didn't do maths at all at A level, im in the same boat really got a C in Maths AS (4 marks off a B) so i naturally dropped the subject but im hoping to retake a module n get that up to a B. Hopefully i'll get an offer from Kings n LSOP for ABB/BBB
Reply 5
i didn't do maths at all but i got in LSOP btw kings was the only uni to reject me, so i think you def have to have maths if you apply to kings :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending