The Student Room Group

2005 English

I know there's a similar thread somewhere in here, but it seems to have died away so I thought I'd start a new one. So, who's gonna do English at Cam next year? We ARE going to study together afterall, so I thought we could introduce ourselves over here.

I just got into St John's, but I'm still trying to realise it, hoping that it's not just another dream! Thankfully it's not :biggrin:
Reply 1
:hello:
i know exactly how you feel - i still can't believe i got an offer! the more i think about it, the more unrealistic it seems.

anyway, assuming that my offer doesn't just disappear back into the strange and confusing place it came from, i'll be going to pembroke in october and spending the next three years doing what i do best...um, reading. :biggrin:
Reply 2
me 2 me 2 me 2 :biggrin:

(lurking deep down inside me somewhere is a suspicion that the taxpayer really shouldn't be paying £10,000 a year for me to read)
Reply 3
Waldo

(lurking deep down inside me somewhere is a suspicion that the taxpayer really shouldn't be paying £10,000 a year for me to read)

lol I agree! I got an offer from Clare College :smile: I'm delighted!
Reply 4
I got English with Education, but I believe the first two years are straight up english lit, can i join? :wink:
Gotta get those A's first, but if it all goes to plan, then it's Tit Hall for English in October!
Reply 6
yeah, it's hard to motivate yourself now isn't it? I've nearly lost interest in most of my other subjects!
Reply 7
I just have to ask fellow English applicants, what sort of essays are you used to writing? Straight up literary critique in terms of tropes, character development, imagery etc... have you ever been writing less 'serious' things i.e. "how would jesus have interpreted xxxxbooktitlexxxxx"? ah... you get my point? I guess I'm just a bit worried about how "serious" you have to be in your academic writing at cambridge? I mean of course serious, in your effort and research perhaps, I just don't want to feel compelled to elaborate on boring theses...

Latest

Trending

Trending