The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
My evision STILL hasn't updated and no post either.
University of York
York
laser
I would recommend not calling because then it gives them more time to actually deal with sorting out allocations, rather than just answering the phone all day.

I hate you people who keep saying stuff like this. :p: I know I don't NEED to know but I'm itching to know where I've got put, damn my impatience!

Btw, I'm joking about the hate bit. :wink:
Ziggy_Stardust
I hate you people who keep saying stuff like this. :p: I know I don't NEED to know but I'm itching to know where I've got put, damn my impatience!

Btw, I'm joking about the hate bit. :wink:

I feel your pain! I just want to find out for 'finding outs sake' really. So I can see who's in my college too, maybe talk to the odd person before hand; find out if I'm in a flat or a corridor. -sigh- Maybe tomorrow!
Reply 43
i still havent found out. becoming abit of a joke really
E:vision hasn't updated... but no post as of yet. This is as bad as waiting for offers. :laughing:
Reply 45
for anyone who still hasnt found out their college, i found this on yorks facebook.

Rory Shanks (York UK) wrote
at 9:49am
Hello all,

Here at the Students' Union we've spoken to the Accommodation Office as we know that a lot of you are still yet to hear what college you're in.

The people over there are working flat-out to try and get all the information out so all we can say at this point is bear with them; you will hear soon enough.

We realise it can be frustrating when loads of other people are finding out their college, but with 3,500 people arriving fairly soon, it's a fairly long process and you will find out before you arrive.

Thanks!

Rory - [email protected]

so hopefully we will all know by the end of the week
richunited
for anyone who still hasnt found out their college, i found this on yorks facebook.

Rory Shanks (York UK) wrote
at 9:49am
Hello all,

Here at the Students' Union we've spoken to the Accommodation Office as we know that a lot of you are still yet to hear what college you're in.

The people over there are working flat-out to try and get all the information out so all we can say at this point is bear with them; you will hear soon enough.

We realise it can be frustrating when loads of other people are finding out their college, but with 3,500 people arriving fairly soon, it's a fairly long process and you will find out before you arrive.

Thanks!

Rory - [email protected]

so hopefully we will all know by the end of the week

I think that's fair enough, but no other universities seem to have the same problem? Most give out their accomodation long before now.
Reply 47
Phoned up just now and been told i got Halifax :smile:

Unfortunately my 5th choice and furthest from Comp. Sci building but hey :p:

I do know one of the STYCs there, should be good fun :smile:
JVassie

Hey, which number did you use? :smile:
Reply 49
Evision seems to be down for me. It comes up with problem loading page message.
Darkad1
Evision seems to be down for me. It comes up with problem loading page message.

Mine did the same earlier.

I got through on the phone, but they just told me to ring back on Friday if I still hadn't heard anything.
Reply 51
Which number did you use?
JVassie

I just found out I'm in Halifax, too! I'm not sure where I put it, but I'm quite happy with it, so... :woo:!

And it's a shame there's still people who haven't been told, even if they've phoned up. I hope you all get to hear something soon. :frown:
Darkad1
Which number did you use?

Reply 54
Ziggy_Stardust
I just found out I'm in Halifax, too! I'm not sure where I put it, but I'm quite happy with it, so... :woo:!

And it's a shame there's still people who haven't been told, even if they've phoned up. I hope you all get to hear something soon. :frown:

What position choice was Halifax?
Darkad1
What position choice was Halifax?

I can't remember, but it wasn't first or second.
I don't get why they're telling some people on the phone, and not others.
Reply 57
Easier to ask if they don't actually tell you i think.

I used 01904 432165 as well.
Reply 58
After 25+ calls over the last 2 days i managed to get through (firefox 3 wasn't letting me onto eVision either, have since found it reliably works on IE.) Found out I got my first choice of Alcuin, sadly they couldn't tell me my address nor the length of my let - I did a numbered choice on my application form for length of lets as well as college preferences!!

Unfortunately it does look like their number is being hammered, it was constantly engaged until i tried at 9:45 (they don't open until 10 during the week) and 15 mins ago. Keep trying is my advice, and checking eVision on IE.
Reply 59
My mum phoned up without my knowledge and said I was in Halifax Lawrence Court. Halifax was my 7th choice and I was desperate to avoid it.

Latest