The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Anyone else not heard about accom yet?

Anyone going to York 08 entry not heard about there accom yet. I did try calling but never got an answear. just an automated message saying they where getting alot of calls. assume im not theonly one probs.

that said i was 1 day late on the deadline for getting accomodation forms in. think they are going to screw me over and not offer me accomodation on campus.

anyone else in the same position or was in the same positon last year how did it pan out?

getting a little conserned now just a few days to go

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Every 1st-year is guaranteed accommodation. Worrying only makes it worse, just relax; enjoy the rest of the holidays, get yourself ready to move out and try not to dwell on it too much.
University of York
York
Reply 2
guaranteed even if your a day late on the deadline for getting your accomodation forms in?
I still haven't heard either. I keep frantically checking evision, just like track before we got results!
I say listen to Dez; that's pretty sound advice.
Reply 4
Got mine today.......at laaaast.
Reply 5
i still havent got mine either.
Reply 6
No no, I'm in the same boat, your application most probably isn't late. I phoned and they said the same thing to me too. The 1 day late is the day they put it through the system, not the day they recieved it. (for me anyway).

I phoned up, they told me it was one day late (9th Sep) and got annoyed and asked them to double check because I posted it more than a week before the deadline. The lady (who was really nice about all this and very helpful) checked and told me that my application WASN'T in the late pile, therefore confirming that 9th sep is simply when my form was processed, and so meaning i'm in the same situation as anyone else.
Reply 7
I haven't heard a peep. Sent the forms off early August, got the confirmation e-mail on the 12th. Figured I'd hear back from them late August, silly me.

If they haven't sent the letter off already, I'll be lucky to know 5 days before I leave for the UK.
Reply 8
ah well at least i know im not alone :P

tried phoning them today. guess they dont work saturdays
Reply 9
I haven't heard either! Apparently everyone should find out by early next week, though, so I guess we've just got to wait and see - the man I spoke to said they were working through the weekend to get it done.
Reply 10
i havent heard and i got they emailed me saying they got my application a week before the deadline! Im not really happy about how theve been doing this tbh, i can see that im going to end up in one of my last choice collages.
Reply 11
hq40
ah well at least i know im not alone :P

tried phoning them today. guess they dont work saturdays

They're working all weekend I think, though I wouldn't blame them for keeping the phone unplugged for now. :p:
Reply 12
wat accomdation did u all apply for??? wat course are u studying??? cos maybe the allocate based on your course etc.
Reply 13
I'm studying Accounting business finance and management. James was my first, Derwent second, Alcuin third.
Reply 14
I'm personally really pissed off I haven't heard anything yet. I think it's terrible organisation espicially because your accomodation depends on what day you move in.
Reply 15
Also still waiting.
Reply 16
im not fussed where i live as long as its on campus, heck at a push id even take my last choice halifax.

for what its worth i applied for vanbrugh and im doing electronics
you guys are almost guaranteed to get a room. But my case is that I still haven't got unconditional offer from the Graduate School, I can not apply an accommodation yet, so my name isn't on the waiting list yet.

I listen to Dez and rushhour72, I am going to phone them on Monday to see if they could put my name on the waiting list without unconditional offer, and also listen to slugonamission and Ygraine, prepare to take another day to look for private accommodation.
Reply 18
Reply 19
Still haven't heard. Evision hasn't updated and no post on Sunday.

Latest

Trending

Trending