The Student Room Group
Reply 1
do you have a radiator in your bathroom? I tend to handwash a few things at a time and dry them on there.
Reply 2
Put them in the sunlight. It's likely that your clothes will shrink, I discovered this the hard way:frown:
Yeah, alot of things will shrink.

I've done it intentionally a few times when things seemed slightly too baggy.
Why don't you experiment and see what happens?
Reply 5
Just get clothes a size or two bigger than what you usually wear and find out, they just shrink.
Reply 6
I always air dry - just get a clothes horse and you'd be surprised how quickly they dry. Spesh if you put the radiator on.
Reply 7
They'll shrink. As said, it's perfectly possible to air-dry stuff (and it'll be faster if you turn the radiator on).
If you put your clothes in the tumble dryer (the one's which specifically say do not tumble dry), your in danger of shrinking your clothes and ruining the shape of them basically.

The only things I tend to tumble dry are my undies, party dry my hoodies because they take a while to dry and sometimes my jeans, but not often.

Everything else goes on the radiator to dry.
The problem with tumble drying clothes that aren't designed to tumble, is that they don't shrink evenly as you would expect. They ruin, basically.

I wouldn't advise it and I certainly wouldn't 'just have a go anyway and hope for the best' - you will probably end up with a pile of clothes not even fit for a charity shop.

I say this, because my Dad is the king of tumble-cock-ups. He's ruined countless of my mum's tops because he's shoved them in the dryer. Don't risk it - air dry it.
Ok, I will refrain from tumble drying non tumble dryables! I can't afford to buy new clothes if my current ones get ruined.

Air dry in front of the radiator sounds good! :smile: I dont' know how my clothes were dryed when I was on exchange in Germany a few years ago. They went down to the basement to get washed and magically reappeared, as dryed washed clothes in my bedroom.... (I never went in the basement)
depends on the material and stuff, i'd never tumble dry my cashmere jumper yet i'd happily tumble dry my hoodies/polos

Latest

Trending

Trending