The Student Room Group

Harder A-Level: Chemistry or Biology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Chemistry by a mile. I would say it's much more quantitative content than qualitative like Biology.
Biology is much better than Chemistry! However, like AquilaXenon said, the markschemes are a bit poo in biology, but if you can learn hown they want you to answer questions, it's fine :smile:
Biology is harder!
Reply 23
Chemistry is most definitely harder, but I think that it is better than bio. The answers are not so vague and wishy washy and there are no really stupid hsw questions. To do well in bio you need to know most of the stuff and be able to bull**** a lot. To do well in chem you just need to know the stuff inside out back to front and upside down ....
Reply 24
As i do both, im in a good position to judge

i would say chemistry because although there is less factual content, the techniques needed to interpret information and calculate with equations can be extremely challenging. Although learning the biology is f*cking stressful due to the sheer size of the f*cking textbook, the exam is relatively easy if you know your stuff. The same can't be said for chemistry.
Reply 25
Find Chemistry easier - guess I'm in the minority. As I have progressed through A-Levels, I've found Chemistry more and more easy compared to Biology :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending