The Student Room Group

Applying to the US from an American program

Hello.
I currently attend an international school in Asia with an American programme. try to get your mind around that :smile:

Anyways I'm in grade 11, and I am considering top universities in the UK as well as Canadian and American Universities. Someone in my family attended Oxford Brookes, which isn't all that great, but he enjoyed it.

I've looked around the site and asked some of my friends who live in Cambridge, so I know the basic things that UK unis look at. However I'm wondering specifically what sort of expectations top unis (oxbridge etc.) would expect.

These are the grades I have earned, and I am currently taking the full IB diploma:
AP US History 5
AP Chinese 5
SAT II US History 730
Avg. GPA of grade 9 and grade 10 is around 3.86 out of 4.00 (my school does not offer any weighed GPA for honours classes etc, and has slightly stricter percentage requirements than the standard GPA scale)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks :biggrin:
Reply 1
If you're taking IB then it may be that you would be given an offer based on that. The Oxford admissions website says they usually ask for "A total score of at least 38 points including bonus points, with 6s and 7s in subjects taken at the Higher level."

Alternatively, for American students, they ask for 2100 in SAT I or 32 in ACT, and in addition to SAT I or ACT 3 AP tests with grades 5,5,4, or SAT II in 3 or 4 subjects with 700 or better.

See http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate_courses/international_students/international_qualifications/index.html for more on all of this.
Reply 2
Firstly what's this doing in an Oxbridge forum...

Secondly, I'm applying to the states as well... I thought you needed SAT I for whatever uni you went to? Regardless of APs and stuff... so I would start looking at SAT I or TOEFL if I were you...
Reply 3
xinolisss
Firstly what's this doing in an Oxbridge forum...

the OP's post
... However I'm wondering specifically what sort of expectations top unis (oxbridge etc.) would expect...

:wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending