The Student Room Group

year 12 retake..results & ucas

Basically i did my gcses at my secondary school, and then moved to an private school to commence with my A level, but due to problems didnt really have a good year and ended up with pretty poor results

U - Maths
D - Chemistry
D - Biology
B - Economics

i decied that il move school (again i know) and start fresh with A levels as i knew i could do much better..

This year at AS got

A - Maths
A - Biology
A - Design
B - Chemistry (was VERY close to an A)

Next year i should be looking to get AAA (hopfully) carring on with math, biology and design

Im intrested in acturial science/maths somthing along the line of that..

However im not sure what to do about my previous AS results..do i put them down on the UCAS form or just ignore them..as i did get a B in economics.

Anyone else been in the same situation or could give some advice. Would be greatt

thanks in advanced :smile:
Ignore the ones in the same subjects as you've overridden them now :smile: but put the Econ AS down because you have to.

Also if you wanna do Maths take Further Maths AS + A2 this year if you can.

Well done on your results btw. :smile:
I think you have to declare it all unfortunatly. im in exactly the same situation as you, but i took differnt subjects in my second year...

I think you shoud just talk about it honestly in your PS because i think it would be such a shame to loose out on a good uni with those grades.
Reply 3
i think you would not need to show ur old results apart from the economics one. You would simply put these new results in with the correct date of certification ie Aug 08. But for economics you would put down Aug 07.

Well done tho. Getting from a U to an A takes alot of effort and hard work
Reply 4
declare the ones, that you just took first, the ones that you have repeated you wont need to put down
Reply 5
thanks for the advice, yeah i knew i had it in me, just was a bad year!
Im not sure about the Further Maths, i would like to do it but would be a bit rushed to do it all in one year.

K so il just put down the current ones and Eco.

What about mentioning it on my ps, it would end up sounded really bad :frown: lol
Reply 6
oh p.s my biology and maths was on a diffrent exam board compared to last year

if that makes any difference :s-smilie:
Reply 7
gggg
(edited 12 years ago)
I never declared any of my shocking grades...hasnt harmed me...
Reply 9
triotrex
Hi can i jus ask what exam board did you do

first as levels exams boards was edxcel for maths
OCR for biology

then i did AQA for both maths and biology
Reply 10
er co
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
i put my economics grade down, but cos i did it at a diffrent school it looks odd, just having on AS level on the ucas..

OH and when filling it out, how are u supposed to distinguish between a full alevel to an AS level... thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending