The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Work Experience

I have posted this in the "Healthcare" forum, but as not many people post in there I thought I may have a better chance of a reply in this forum. So...

Does anyone know what would be ideal pharmacy work experience, so that it would look good on a personal statement?

Also, will it actually help in an application i.e. as much as medicine work experience for medicine courses?

Thanks
Im not applying for pharmacy, so don't know exactly...but I would say definitely contact GlaxoSmithKline www.gsk.com (and then follow the links for the UK bit). They do set work experience programs, you may be a bit late to apply as they are always horrendously oversubscribed, but still worth taking a look. Failing that, any kind of drugs related research. I did my work experience at Cancer Research UK and they are always happy to help people and possible future employees :smile: To get my work experience, I just emailed about 15 people from the CRUK site...and about 3 replied :rolleyes: , two with offers of work experience though :biggrin: Goodluck!
Reply 2
Cheers

Btw, I'm in yr 12, just started AS, so am I too late still?
Nope, you have plenty of time. You may be able to apply for Work experience at GSK this October (They do 2 sessions one in Feb and one in Oct I believe) The February one will be booked up by now though.
Reply 4
I'm having trouble finding what you are talking about. Could you please provide the relevent link?

Also, is this one of those overnight courses, accomodation supplied etc? Because I originally meant something more local.

Thanks anyway.
You could do a year in industry, between finishing your A levels and starting your degree.
http://www.yini.org.uk/

You don't really need work experience for pharmacy though, as it is not as competitive as other courses such as medicine. However you will still need to show that you have and are developing your key skills - eg communicational, team work, via voluntary work/part time job etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending