The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just got allocated to Halifax! :smile:

Im in Wood Court, room L23 - anyone else nearby?

Was my 5th choice, and the furthest from Comp Sci. block, but not too fussed, got a friend there who is a STYC. Should be fun :smile:
University of York
York
Hello. St Lawrence Court, Room E14 here! Does anyone have any information/pictures on what it's like?

I'm so glad to have finally found out where I'm staying. :smile:
Finally got the letter this morning! I'm in Lindley Court, Room K24. Anyone near me?
Reply 4
im in st laurence D!
cant believe it was my las choice!
I'm in Halifax too, no idea where abouts - she just told me the college over the phone.
Reply 6
WolfishSmile
I'm in Halifax too, no idea where abouts - she just told me the college over the phone.

i did too, you should now phone Halifax college directly and they will beable to tell you the room :smile: ive also arranged to go and look at mine this week toooo !
i hope its nice! x
*anon*
i did too, you should now phone Halifax college directly and they will beable to tell you the room :smile: ive also arranged to go and look at mine this week toooo !
i hope its nice! x

I'm just going to try that now thanks! :smile: It's busy atm.
Reply 8
Not got my info through the post so I don't know my room number, but I've been told I'm in Lindley Court. Halifax was my third choice so I'm happy.

Less than two weeks now. :biggrin:
I'm Ingram Court B13 :smile: Does anyone know the layout of Ingram court?
Ingram Court is a square, there's a map here...

http://www.halifaxcollege.com/images/cms/halifax_map_large.jpg

Same as Lindley Court, Wood Court, and the other one whose name escapes me :confused:
I found out this morning - I'm in St.Lawrence Court Block C, room 1!
BUGGER, just found out it's the only bloody college OFF the campus!! ahhhh! how annoying
Reply 12
ChrisTheRockGod
I found out this morning - I'm in St.Lawrence Court Block C, room 1!
BUGGER, just found out it's the only bloody college OFF the campus!! ahhhh! how annoying

We're not off the campus lol.. its only 10 minute walk to the lake and central hall
Reply 13
House C is closer to Goodricke than Alcuin is. If you want to rant about being off-campus, have a visit to Fairfax House.
Reply 14
I just found out im St lawrence court block t, anone else around there???
I just panicked when I read about Halifax being 'off campus'. But now I see it really isn't far away at all.
JVassie
We're not off the campus lol.. its only 10 minute walk to the lake and central hall

Well according to the handbook...

"Halifax College is the only ‘off campus’ college at the University of York which is located in the local community."
Reply 17
Hey people, i went to visit yesterday (house H which is just the same i think) and it seemed fine to me... ive got some pictures of our house from the outside but il load them up later... The kitchen looked newly done with proper facillities and your own cupboard with your room number but the corridoor/stair space is quite small and narrow. I thought the room was average size with a simple sink and bed. The room i saw had a new chair and lamp and curtains though... and there is a quite big book shelf with drawers and on the otherside there is a wardrobe kinda thing to put clothes etc. Above the desk theres is also a big notice board! It was better than i thought x
any more house D-ers? get in touch!
oh yeah and JJs bar is not just a common room with loadsa comfy sofas and plasma screen tvs, it looks like a nice place to hang out even if there isnt a bar!
x
Reply 18
It seems they put all the people who were rejected from their top choices into Halifax =p, I think I put it down last and I found out today I got it. The annoying thing is they gave me literally the exactly opposite of what I wanted - I wanted Ensuite with a 32/38 week let, in Alcuin, James or Vanbrugh. Instead i got a standard room, 51 week let, in Halifax -.-. It's not like I applied late either, I sent off my accommodation form the same day I got it!

Ah well, what's done is done, and considering what I've read I'm glad I've actually got a room =p. I'm in St Lawrences Court K02.

Btw I thought that JJs had closed down? I know there's not a bar there anymore, but from what you said it sounds like it's still in use as a common room?

One thing I have heard is that the kitchens are pretty good, so at least something's good (oh and I'll be able to keep in shape just walking to my lectures =p).

I'd heard that people living in Halifax can apply for a car parking permit? Does anyone know if that's true? =)

/Miles
There's no bar??? PARDON?!

Latest

Trending

Trending