The Student Room Group

thinking of changing A lvls.. ?

At the moment i'm studying

physics, biology, chemistry and english literature..

I have only been doing them for a month at sixth form.
I'm finding physics really hard.

Would it be a good idea to change to something else. I was thinking of swapping it to RE or Psychology.

I don't want to do badly in physics but i know it would probably look better with an A in it than it would with an A in psychology. It's just i don't know if i'm capable of it so would it be better to change to an 'easier' subject so i'm likely to get the grades?...would i be at a disadvantage for only having 2 sciences?
and if so, what should i change to?...

EDIT - I wouldn't want to do maths I find it much harder than essay based subjects

P.s - Is RE a respected/academic subject?
have you thought about maths?
ur doin physics without maths??? thats highly unrecommended at my college.

do it swap it. re might be better cos psych and bio have overlap. and re does deal with ethics. it's up to you. both wud be good :smile: and both go well with sciences and englsih lit :smile:
Reply 3
if you change Physics to Pyshology you'd be doing the same as me:five::biggrin:. I'd say 2 sciences and 2 arts is a good combination. If you do change it to R.E or Psychology then that is also a good combo. Some say Psychology is not respected, ignore this though. It is respected and as long as you have other respected subjects, which you do, it won't be a ''problem'' and those that say it is are wrong. I find Psychology really interesting, but maybe that's because I have a good teacher, if that helps at all :smile:
Malsi101
if you change Physics to Pyshology you'd be doing the same as me:five::biggrin:. I'd say 2 sciences and 2 arts is a good combination. If you do change it to R.E or Psychology then that is also a good combo. Some say Psychology is not respected, ignore this though. It is respected and as long as you have other respected subjects, which you do, it won't be a ''problem'' and those that say it is are wrong. I find Psychology really interesting, but maybe that's because I have a good teacher, if that helps at all :smile:

AND ME! :biggrin:
Reply 5
diamonddust

are you enjoying psychology? is it quite easy, easier than physics [if you know!]
I did Psychology, Biology and Lit together at A level and the other two compliment Psychology so well (in terms of overlap material in Bio/essay writing skills from Lit).

IMO Psychology is better respected than R.E and few universities will look down on it. Only offering two sciences doesn't really take you out of the running from many medical schools, Cambridge is the main one that springs to mind.
Reply 7
i herd psych is quite hard, do History really interestin and its ranked high by the unis
Reply 8
i think RE would be better than psychology and if your going for medicine the ethics will be really good. and imo re would be better respected
Reply 9
ninety_nine
I did Psychology, Biology and Lit together at A level and the other two compliment Psychology so well (in terms of overlap material in Bio/essay writing skills from Lit).

IMO Psychology is better respected than R.E and few universities will look down on it. Only offering two sciences doesn't really take you out of the running from many medical schools, Cambridge is the main one that springs to mind.

thanks for that! :smile:
Jinxy
are you enjoying psychology? is it quite easy, easier than physics [if you know!]

I really like Psychology! It's really interesting! I kind of wish I picked Physics though! I miss it!
Reply 11
diamonddust

:woo::five:
Jinxy
thanks for that! :smile:

No problem! :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending