The Student Room Group

AS UMS Mod Scores - Letting Uni's know them? Bit of strategy involved here...HELP!

Basically, Im applying for Economics at Oxford, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Durham. All very competitive. Wondering if I should let them know my AS mod scores?

I got

RS: 258 AAB (2 marks off an A in Mod 3)

Economics: 258 ABA (Full marks in Mod 3)

Chemistry: 271 AAA (Nothing special, just 3 solid A's)

Maths: 275 AAA (98 C1, 97 C2, 80 S1)

I would like some advice on which pieces of info I should let the Uni's know (via the reference).

If I tell them C1 and C2 marks, they can work out S1 mark, and considering im going for Econ which is stats based, im not sure its a good idea - an ambiguous 275 / 300 should be the best option right?

Also, they'll see ABA in Economics, so it cant hurt to let them know the full marks in Mod 3 can it?

In RS, im on the border of on Mod 3 (2 marks off). I should let them know about this?

Also, my school has a policy of notifying all scores that are 270+
- but if I let them know I got 275 and 271 in maths and chem, Uni's can assume (in fact know) that I did not do so well in terms of UMS in Econ and RS (bearing in mind that maths and econ are the most important subjects).

SO im kinda stuck - letting them know about maths and chem leaves Uni's open to suspicion about my RS and Econ scores which wernt so great.

And the individual maths mods means that I will have to let them know about my 80 in stats, if I let them know about C1 and C2 (and the school will tell them 275). Should just let them know everything?!?!?

AAAH! Help! WHat should I let Uni's know to maximize my chances?

Thanks!
Reply 1
I wouldn't mention economics or RS marks.
Reply 2
You can't ,ention any UMS Module scorse. You haven't cashed your exams in.
given that I did (an I believe it played a very important part of getting into Oxford) and all E&M'ists at my school did also ao I would

revealing UMS is an excellent way o hide any ambiguous nature surrounding your AS marks (i.e. rather than AAA which everyone will have applying to Oxford, you show your a much more solid applicant), also many will be applying with even better grades than yours (yes I know you have aaaa but economics is VERY competitive at Oxford, if not the most competitive course), therefore any thing you can put down which will boost your grades, that's great
Reply 4
Just like to point out to you, your UMS is nothing special really. People who put down their UMS marks are likely to be around 280-300.

In the end, it's up to you though.
Probably 290+, I'd say.

Latest

Trending

Trending